PDA

View Full Version : H10-13.4 ear seals

Pilot's Wings
21st Apr 2012, 02:12
Hello buddies,

i was looking for a pairs of smaller ear seals to replace the original ones mywhich are pretty large and make mu H10-13.4 pretty bulky.

Anybody knows where i can find this ?

Thanks

ABZ777
21st Apr 2012, 14:00
There is fantastic company based in the UK called HSL - Headset Services Limited. One of the silver stirrups broke on my David Clark H10-13.4 headset and they sent a replacement out to me to fix and replace myself. Google them and give them a call - I'm sure they'd be able to help you out!

Tim_CPL
21st Apr 2012, 16:05
I much prefer the gel seals to the foam originals. Noise isolation, comfort and fitment seem better. I don't know where you can get them in the UK, but most FBO's have them in the US, as well as Sportys.

- Tim

Pilot.Lyons
21st Apr 2012, 20:30
I use the gel too but got mine from a retired pilot so cant tell you where to get them... I can recommend them highly like the above poster

UV
22nd Apr 2012, 01:05
I use the gel too but got mine from a retired pilot so cant tell you where to get them... I can recommend them highly like the above poster

Until you get them trapped in the metal work and then they leak down your face and shirt...as happens regularly...and then you find difficulty replacing them and are grounded!
Go for the foam ones!

delaneyslad
22nd Apr 2012, 05:32
The telephone number for the above is 01273 234181 they're based at Shoreham.

Pilot.Lyons
22nd Apr 2012, 06:47
Oh... Not happened yet but good job he gave me the foam ones as a spare!

Ill watch out for that

silverknapper
22nd Apr 2012, 10:19
Another vote for HSL. My ANR set went in for some warranty work and came back like new. new seals, ANR box, and mic sock.
Do 13.4s now come with gel as standard?

sammypilot
22nd Apr 2012, 11:51
My vote is against HSL. My David Clark headset went to them for repair and was returned, allegedly repaired (for which I was charged.) It wasn't because, as they admitted themselves, they had failed to identify two problems. I sent the headset back to David Clark in New England who repaired it free of charge.