PDA

View Full Version : LE TOUQUET

john ball
16th Apr 2012, 13:51
Just a quick question:-

Does anyone know if LFAT still has the long wire and hook tiedowns on the main apron. I am going there soon to stay the night, but wanted to tie the aircraft down using my underwing points rather than use chocks. The main reason is that chocks do not properly fit under the spats on the Vans RV6. Thanks:-

A819
17th Apr 2012, 10:57
It was there last August.

Vans Pilot
23rd Apr 2012, 14:34
Park on the grass in front of the restaurant and tie it down at all three points. Usually no objection from ATC

peterh337
23rd Apr 2012, 14:53
Sorry if this is not helpful but had the OP used a meaningful subject like

"Does Le Touquet have tie-downs"

he would have got a lot more replies.

ivorPhillips
23rd Apr 2012, 17:24
I was there yesterday for some fuel and didnt see any wire rope tie downs
on the main apron,

gasax
24th Apr 2012, 10:27
Last time I was there I cannot remember wire tiedowns - best to give them a call - the terminal staff all seem to speak good English so nothing lost.

john ball
28th May 2012, 13:45
To answer my own question - yes there are line wire tie downs on the apron. They are at the NW end of the line up opposite the maintenance hangars. I went there yesterday for the first time since my previous question. I am hoping to go there again for the night next Sunday/Monday.

Did any one who was there yesterday see how quickly the low cloud and mist came in at about 3pm. One minute I was sitting on the beach in bright sun, then suddenly all this very low mist appeared in waves from the seahttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif. I guess it was the warm air over the land being hit by the cool air over the sea. The airfield was pretty clear, but a wall of low cloud over the sea up to about 500feet. Had to fly up the coast to near Cap Griz Nez to keep VFR http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

gasax
28th May 2012, 14:01
In common with most of the AD along that section of coast the SIA information includes "Air navigation hazards -
AD susceptible d’ętre envahi en quelques minutes par la brume de mer.
AD likely to be covered by sea haze in few minutes."

And it's true!

Still good to know that the wire tiedowns are there.