PDA

View Full Version : Summer holiday

Keane808
14th Apr 2012, 20:59
I write to ask for assistance, The time has come for adventure with my PPL. 3 other pilots and I have decided to spend the long weekend in June flying to the Balearics Islands by way of Castello ( LEAP) ( one of the group has a place there).I have been tasked with researching Menorca. PROBLEM HERE, Research doesn't exactly do it for me, but I do like to be prepared, hence this post :-)

I could do with email addresses of the airports and any local avoidance of fee techniques/ sites to get IFR/VFR plates / cheap hire of life raft (preferably unused) and any other useful info you seasoned aviators may be willing to share.

The last time I tried a long trip I ended in a pickle over the channel where I foolishly got myself in could which resulted in a m----y and a story that would make the experiences read about in the back pages of Pilot magazine look like school yard material. I have spent the time since, battling the gremlins that are within the white fluffy stuff and burning most of my wages circling Cambridge & Cranfield wearing a hood.

I would really like this one to go well,