PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen Enroute Chart Discussion

DeanWinchester
2nd Apr 2012, 04:12
Hi,
I have started this thread so that people like me can post their Jeppesen Enroute Chart Queries here and can be helped.

Q1. I have noticed a few IFR (Blue Cog) Airports have a Localizer front course (Light grey Coloured) and many other IFR Airports on the chart dont.
Why is that so?

Thank You in advance.

Check Airman
2nd Apr 2012, 05:41
It means the airport has an ILS or Localizer. Check page 57 of the chart legend.

DeanWinchester
2nd Apr 2012, 05:50
Yes sir I have that information.

But my main question was, why dont all the IFR (Blue COG) Airports have the Localizer Front Course(light grey), why do only a few have it on the chart?

Check Airman
2nd Apr 2012, 05:55
Perhaps because not all IFR airports have a localizer?

PTU FAULT
2nd Apr 2012, 10:30
I was wondering the same thing. Some airports which I know have an ILS do not have LOC indicated on the en-route chart. I thought it maybe it had to to with the chart being too congested but this does not seem to be the case.

hvogt
2nd Apr 2012, 11:52
From page 51 of the legend:
Due to congestion of airspace information within large metropolitan areas, complete off airway information is not always shown on Enroute Charts. [...]

3rd Apr 2012, 01:29
I don't have Jepps in front of me on the couch . . .

but in the USA NACO charts, the LOC symbol is only shown on the Enroute charts if it has an enroute Nav function: ie if a Fix is the intersection of a VOR radial and the LOC it will be displayed. If not, the LOC will not be on the enroute charts.

Hope that helps . . .

aviatorhi
3rd Apr 2012, 09:40
Straight from the horses mouth:

enroute charts will also depict all the localizers to
indicate their availability. The localizers that perform
an enroute function will be included with
their frequencies, and the ones depicted to show
localizer availability will be shown without their frequencies.

Take the reply regarding congestion into consideration as well. They can only do so much.