PDA

View Full Version : Fake User ID Problem. New Info 1950 11 March.

500N
8th Mar 2012, 01:51
This is directed at the member on the Military forum that is sending PM (Private Messages) under names that he has registered that very close to names of others in the Military forum. It is NOT directed at anyone else. You know who you are.

MY MESSAGE TO YOU IS:-
If you to not have the balls to have a man to man discussion or debate, heated or otherwise ON THE FORUM and need to resort to sending PM's imitating others to try to stir up trouble with people I know, then I pity you and I think most others would as well. The military ethos that I thought was picked up serving in the military has obviously been lost on you and you are no better than the many Walt's that turn up on Remembrance Day.

Examples of what has occured:-
ie I use 500N, they registered 5OON. I know of one other confirmed case (MILO xxxxx) and it was he who PM'd me with my "pseudo" message that I had sent him.

Originally Posted by 5OON
Yes, we are quite strong in PPRuNe and we know that you are the banned James Device and COCL2.:=

It is also ironic that Krueger Flap (now banned) was a slight change from another member Kreuger Flap. In my opinion, Krueger Flap (now banned) came back as Innocent man (banned as of today). Because it was KF who was always trying to "out" James Device and COCL2, I can only assume that the same person is connected to all this.

PPRuNe Pop has been notified by the other confirmed member
so we will wait to see what happens.

Milo Minderbinder
8th Mar 2012, 07:39
Put quite simply, yesterday I received a number of mails from different user IDs accusing me of whatever, and basically of a threatening manner.
I can live with that, but whats annoying is that some of these mails have come from user IDs which clearly attempt to impersonate other users
For instance, the one referred to by 500N - which was sent from an account called 5OON.
Another sent from an account named "Milo minderbnider" - notice the similarity to my own account - which simply said "We are watching you COCL2. We are everywhere.:suspect:"
There was another, but I deleted ti before realising what was happening
These mails were in response to a reply I made on the James Blunt thread in respsnse to an asinine post by "Innocent man" - a post I removed within minutes after his posts were deleted and he was banned. The comments made made it clear that "Innocent man" and whoever PM'd me were one and the same

What really niggles is the way in which someone has deliberately attempted to contrive an argument between 500N and myself and also attempted to impersonate both him and myself. I can live with personal abuse - thees an "ignore" facility which will take care of that, but I don't care for misrepresentation by people posting apparently in my name (or others). The fake "Milo minderbnider" has already made posts in my name

This is very similar to the habit of the now banned mis-spelling "Kreuger flap" - who appears to have been attempting to impersonate the user "Krueger flap" - or maybe the other user "Kruegerflap",,,

Wholigan
8th Mar 2012, 07:40
Please let me have by PM any information you have on the names used.

He really is a sad little idiot isn't he?

hval
11th Mar 2012, 17:06
Milo Minderbinder,

Is this one person or a number of persons?

Courtney Mil
11th Mar 2012, 17:16
How would anyone know, Hval? The mods may well be able to tell from the IP address. If the idea is to upset people and, thereby, give a little thrill to a sad individual, he can forget it. It makes no difference to me or my enjoyment of PPRuNe. I can only assume this is some spotty teenager with nothing better to do and who is not clever enough to write viruses; it's the same mentality.

Milo Minderbinder
11th Mar 2012, 17:17
I have no way of knowing
The wording used each time would suggest just one, but you can see what was said in the last PM to me: "we currently have...."
I suspect that its a case of useage of the "royal we" but only the sender knows for sure

Courtney Mil
11th Mar 2012, 17:19
Probably just trying to make us think he has mates, Milo.

hval
11th Mar 2012, 17:19
Courtney Mil,

The mods may well be able to tell from the IP address.

Is exactly what I was intimating.

Milo Minderbinder,

"we currently have...."

Is exactly why I asked.

Wholigan
11th Mar 2012, 18:37
It seems to be just one person, but the problem is that IP addresses are such a broad weapon and could well have a detrimental effect on others. There are at the moment 5 IPs that he is using.

I'll keep working on it but your best bet is not to respond in any way whatsoever (including starting threads like this) and just report any more idiotic posts or PMs to me. We had someone like this a year or so ago (it may even be the same person) and after he had no responses for a few months he gave up.

He is obviously very sad and child-like and craves attention, so - like any stupidly pathetic wayward child - the best treatment is to remove his stimulus by ignoring him.

I am retired and so have no problem with just sitting here and banning each new name he introduces.

Wholigan
11th Mar 2012, 19:49
As one of the child's PMs indicates that he would love to see getting a huge number of fake IDs listed as banned, I shall not be notifying any banned names and have deleted the information previously given.

If you report the sad git's posts or PMs, then I shall let you know personally that whoever you report has been banned. He will not get the satisfaction of seeing an increasing number on his "I'm so very important" list.

Most especially ......... do NOT respond to any posts or PMs.