PDA

View Full Version : RAF UK (L) 2 & UK (H) 2 charts - where?

Norman Goering
9th Mar 2012, 08:39
Please forgive my civilian intrusion.....

I am temporarily engaged in some exec flying and have been asked to obtain the following charts:

RAF UK(L) 2 - Enroute Low Altitude
RAF UK(H) 2 - Enroute High Altitude
RAF Enroute Supplement - British Isle & North Atlantic

My own experience is with civvy Aerad or Jepp charts and I can't seem to locate anywhere that supplies the above. Any ideas or pointers on where I might obtain them from, if indeed that is even possible?

Thanks in advance.

fabs
9th Mar 2012, 08:42
AIDU based at Northolt will be able to help

Norman Goering
9th Mar 2012, 09:12
fabs, thank you very much for your swift response. A suitable request has been sent to AIDU.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
9th Mar 2012, 13:34
AIDU will probably direct you to the MoD Map and Air Chart Depot. They should be contactable through Ministry of Defence | About Defence | What we do | Security and Intelligence | DIS | ICG | Defence Geographic Centre (DGC) (http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/WhatWeDo/SecurityandIntelligence/DIS/ICG/DefenceGeographicCentredgc.htm)

They may still release air charts to private individuals as a prepayment issue. They won't be cheap and the worse they can do is say no to an enquiry.

Easy Street
9th Mar 2012, 18:38
Pretty much all of AIDU's baseline products are available for commercial use now. There is even a price tag on the fast jet TAP books - an eye-watering £70 or so IIRC! There are definitely prices on the ERCs too.

Perhaps if those prices had been on the books when I went through training, we student pilots might have thought twice before tearing out one or two pages and chucking the rest of the book away :eek: (I suppose at least that was better than ripping out pages and putting the book back on the rack. Would it really have been so hard to provide colour photocopiers?)

High_Expect
12th Mar 2012, 09:59
I'd save yourself the cash... The last lot printed missed off entire danger areas!

SilsoeSid
12th Mar 2012, 10:19
I'd save yourself the cash... The last lot printed missed off entire danger areas!

Which didn't come into effect until 8 March, before which (27 Feb) replacement charts, effective 9 March (to avoid confusion), were in the post!

Pays to subscribe and keep up to date ;)

p.s. Charts effective 8 March 12 should be destroyed