PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Bonus Days 2012

alphaalpha
2nd Mar 2012, 07:14
IWM Duxford Bonus Days programme for 2012: discounts for a great flying day out.

Imperial War Museum Duxford must be the premier destination for GA pilots in Europe!

The museum offers a full and fun-packed day out with over 200 historic aircraft on display in fabulous buildings such as AirSpace and the American Air Museum. It is the perfect destination for all fans of aviation and a real ‘must-see’.

If you keep your eye on the Duxford sky during the flying season, you are likely to see any number of iconic aircraft in flight, including the Spitfire, Hurricane, B-17 Flying Fortress, Catalina and other rare types of aircraft based at IWM Duxford.

Bonus Days offer great discounted prices: Single- or twin-engined aircraft can land for £7; museum entry is £7 for adults and children aged 15 or under go free.

Here are the plans for this year – make a note in your diary now - (most days are Saturdays except July and September - Sundays):

14 April Safety Bonus Day - arrive in any light aircraft
- free Safety Day & Museum admission
- Olympic airspace info and advice
- also may arrive by car
12 May RV Bonus Day - arrive in any RV and meet your friends
09 June LAA Bonus Day - LAA and French RSA 65th birthday
- all LSA and RSA aircraft welcome
08 July Beagle, Miles and Auster - arrive in Pup, Bulldog, Miles or Auster
Bonus Day (Sunday) - talks by Jeremy Miles and others
23 Sept AOPA Bonus Day -AOPA members and potential members
(Sunday) - two-way dialogue with AOPA team

IWM Duxford Safety Bonus Day:

Following the success of the last five years, we are again holding the IWM Duxford Safety Bonus Day, which kicks-off the GA flying season on 14th April. As an incentive to attend, the Safety Bonus Day programme and Museum entry will be free and pilots may arrive by car.

Details are on the website Search results for "visits iwm duxfor" | Imperial War Museums (http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxfor) ... bonus-days. I will start a separate thread for the April Safety Bonus Day shortly.

As well as Bonus Days, Duxford welcomes FLY-INs. Any group of pilots planning to visit Duxford can arrange to take advantage of group prices: 5 or more aircraft qualify for a discounted landing fee of £10; 10 or more people qualify for 20% discount on admission to Imperial War Museum Duxford. This applies to standard daily admission only and does not apply to special event days or air shows. The usual PPR is requested, a few days in advance.

Short visits: Pilots flying in and their passengers now get two-hours free admission to the museum without having to pay the museum entrance fee. Great for a quick coffee and look at one of the hangars.

Further information about the IWM Duxford Bonus Days 2012 and information for fly-in visitors can be found on the website: IWM Duxford | Imperial War Museums (http://www.iwm.org.uk/duxford/)

The airfield team will be delighted to hear from forumites (call for PPR and briefing 01223 833376) and to see you on the day.

Just for people who don’t know, I should declare my interest. I’m a casual FISO at Duxford. I’m also a pilot who thinks the place is pretty marvellous.

Alan.