PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Annunciator light test

Luke SkyToddler
27th Feb 2012, 06:17
Giday all, just a quick question about a small piece of airbus trivia ...

The A330 has a switch in the roof for annunciator light test - switch it up and every light in every panel comes on.

My current and previous airline both profess to follow standard Airbus SOP - but I have never seen a checklist reference to when you are supposed to use that switch, or an ECAM procedure that requires its' use.

I know a lot of people just switch it on anyway on first-flight-of-day and test the lights, makes sense from an airmanship point of view, but strange that it's completely absent from the SOP. So why is that switch there and when are we supposed to use it?

hetfield
27th Feb 2012, 06:31
In my company SOP was NOT to use it inflight!

Some or all lights may stay on.

Not nice:rolleyes:

Happend to me:ugh:

haughtney1
27th Feb 2012, 06:36
Gidday Luke, I wonder if it's not already performed by the spanner turner as part of the daily check? We have a schedule of tasks carried out in the back of the aircrafts tech log and ships library etc....same on our 330's I'm told.

PT6A
27th Feb 2012, 10:36
At our company used to be a FlightCrew first flight of the day check, now it is done by MX on their daily check... (normally they do it when we block in on the last flight of the day)

OPEN DES
27th Feb 2012, 11:01
The ANN LT are used during the Cockpit Door Check, which is part of the Cockpit Prep. To make sure that the LED strike lights and OPEN and FAULT lights are working as they should.
This is standard Airbus but with the note ¨If required by local airworthiness authorities¨

FCOM 3.03.06 p7

new format: FCOM PRO-NOR-SOP Cockpit Prep - Pedestal