PDA

View Full Version : Advice: Purchasing A/C & Expenses (AUS)

MajorCorporalArse
24th Feb 2012, 03:57
Hey so I've been contemplating purchasing an A/C but the question is, Why and Is it worth it over hiring at the moment?

I'm looking at getting something around the Piper Cherokee Six or similar, spending the money is a big commitment. (let say 80k ish).

The questions I have are what are the upkeep of the A/C - Maintenance (averages?) Allowance for repairs, compliancing etc. - Theirs a great deal more than just purchasing the aircraft and putting fuel in it.

Has someone purchased one and how much does it cost them to keep it running and maintained.

I'm pretty articulate so I tend to clean and keep my vehicles clean and tidy which has helped me in keeping my engines tidy and maintenance has been less costly on them.

I'd expect to keep my A/C tidy but I'm unsure that i'd be able to afford the running costs and repairs (if I don't have a clue on upkeep expenses)

The A/C will be used solely for command time for myself and maybe a friend, So family holiday/weekend get aways etc.

Is it worth while (apart from actually owning an a/c) - When you can hire A/C at a rate of say 190/220 per hr (172/182)?