PDA

View Full Version : New instructor at EFT Florida?

FokkerGirl
21st Feb 2012, 17:13
How long has Mr. Fisher been instructing at EFT?

PT6A
21st Feb 2012, 17:16
Don't know him or EFT... Just curious as to your motivation for asking..... Is there some dirt?

mad_jock
21st Feb 2012, 17:44
Do a search on Fisher and everything will become very clear very quickly.

PT6A
21st Feb 2012, 18:08
Mad,

It comes up with too many hits... Can you post a link?

Piper_Pilot
21st Feb 2012, 20:48
I can see right away where this thread was going! So I had to register and Intervene before it goes on a long rant about Stephen Fisher;:=

FokkerGirl, If you have a problem with a said person, I would suggest that you try work things out before you go calling people names. (I apologise in advance if you are about to tell us all about your positive experience):O

Ive had the privilege of flying with Stephen Fisher and I can tell you that the man is nothing but a Gent. His quality of Instruction was second to none, his ground briefings were fantastic.

There was good and bad days, but in the end he was only interested in one thing, IN making sure that he brought the best out in his students.:hmm:

Day1 of the course and his first words were "You will not fail this course, I dont do fails. You may not complete the course, but you will not be put up for test and fail"

^ What a thing to be able to say. And, In minimum hours I completed my course and passed my flight test.

So much to say that within a few days of returning home to my country both myself and fellow FI student got a job.

Now, I did have him as an examiner on 2 occasions previous to my FI Course, and he was tough. I was put under extreme pressure by him on those flights and I was almost ready to crack :ugh:, But I kept it together and passed both Flight Tests.

Fokkergirl, Over the past few years of Instructing, I have seen many students come from some of the best flight schools in the world and Ive had to rescue the aircraft on the landing just before they plonk a PA28 or C172 into the ground! I could tell you a lot more stories;

But the moral of the story is;
Dont Criticise an extremely good Pilot/Examiner and Instructor by other peoples c:mad:kups!

mcgoo
21st Feb 2012, 20:59
Yes, I can see the urgency Piper_pilot in having to register quickly and intervene because someone asked how long he had been at EFT! :rolleyes: