PDA

View Full Version : AirBus Fuel LMC

hina
12th Feb 2012, 12:21
Hi all any idea why Airbus Forbids LMC on Fuel, anything to do with the findings on the AF accident over Atlantic?
Blue Skies.

Slasher
12th Feb 2012, 16:08
Does LMC = Last Minute Change?

kwateow
12th Feb 2012, 16:59
Assuming it does, I'm mystified as to why hina thinks it might be connected with the AF accident.
I've tried to look at it from all directions, but don't see a link.

hina
12th Feb 2012, 20:06
just a wild guess, the trim tank sequencing going out and taking the aircraft out of CG envelope. I dont know, have not flown the A33o. Only A310 and 320. The question remains why would Airbus prohibit LMC on fuel?

Dani
12th Feb 2012, 21:52
Airbus does not forbid Last Minute Change in fuel. Although most operators have last minute change limits. This is a few hundrets of kg of fuel, depending on the operator.

Airbus A330 has automatic fuel trimming. It's pretty sophisticated, basically after top of climb, fuel is being pumped to the back to achieve a tail heavy configuration for optimised fuel burn (horizontal stabilizer producing lift). Before landing, fuel is being pumped forward, to be nose heavy, more stable for landing.

There were no ECAM warnings for the fuel system on AF447. All warnings were live transmitted to AF maintenance and are fully known and understood.

Dani