PDA

View Full Version : Differences Training has to be under an FTO/RF or not?

George Koumis
2nd Feb 2012, 09:14
Hi all,

I came across this concern after the arrival of a privately owned DA-40NG (G1000) at my local airport.

Can a suitably qualified FI teach me the differences (SLPC & EFIS) without being under the umbrella of an FTO/RF or do I have to look for differences training through an FTO?

Please justify your answers by giving the relevant articles in JAR-FCL and/or LASORS.

Thanx,

George KOUMIS

S-Works
2nd Feb 2012, 10:23
You will have to check with the cypriot CAA to see if they have any local requirments but otherwise any CRI/FI with the appopriate differences training can sign those off for you outside of an FTO/ATO at the moment.

George Koumis
2nd Feb 2012, 14:09
Hi bose-X and thank you for the reply.

The fact that I am located in Cyprus has nothing to do with the question because the aeroplane involved is Austrian registered and the flying licences of all the pilots involved (instructor, students, etc) are UK-issued. Therefore, the Cyprus CAA has no say.

What happens in your place anyway? I guess something similar should apply across the EU, shouldn't be?

BR,

George KOUMIS

Stampe
2nd Feb 2012, 16:56
I am happy to give differences training on the strength of an unrestricted instructor rating.VBR Stampe.