PDA

View Full Version : When are we going to sort out this forum for the IPad?

mns1977
26th Jan 2012, 18:06
Sorry slightly beyond private flying, but why does this forum prove so annoying to read on the iPad? The problem is when the page loads it shifts up on the screen so you end up clicking the wrong subject.

None of the other forums do this, including flyer or pistonheads (cars) do this.

Is it my iPad or do others have a similar problem?

Tupperware Pilot
26th Jan 2012, 18:12
It's the adds....wait till there are all loaded......?

peterh337
26th Jan 2012, 18:12
It's probably a covert plan by the sysadmins to keep down the % of one-liner postings :)

(which I fully approve of) :E

Also, on a PC you can block the ads (Firefox with the NoScript plug-in seems to do it).

FREDAcheck
26th Jan 2012, 18:37
Nah, I reckon ipads are useless for flying. It's the shiny screen - the G&T slides right off.

peterh337
26th Jan 2012, 18:51
As there is no way to connect an Ipad to a satellite phone, it can't be used for posting here anyway...

Chilli Monster
26th Jan 2012, 19:46
Currently writing this on an iPad - don't see any problems.

RTN11
26th Jan 2012, 19:49
Don't have an ipad, so couldn't care less.

The Android app is great.

good finish
26th Jan 2012, 21:54
I experience the same problem...really annoying.

Deeday
27th Jan 2012, 02:12
Also, on a PC you can block the ads (Firefox with the NoScript plug-in seems to do it).NoScript is an overkill for that purpose. Firefox can already do it by itself but I'm not sure the mods would be too happy if I advertised on here how to do it! ;)

Obi_Wan
27th Jan 2012, 11:37
If your network is slow enough, (as it is in my little cave) you'll get the same issue with a normal PC as you describe on the iPad. It's annoying, but (logged in or not) let the ads load...

Denti
27th Jan 2012, 13:22
On the iPhone i use the pprune app which works really well, i would think it would work on the iPad as well. Anyway, can't say for sure as i do not own an iPad yet, holding out for the next one with retina display (and still hope the company gonna buy it for me).