PDA

View Full Version : FE in another country

scanavos
6th Jan 2012, 18:35
I am CR FE in my country holding the CPL of my country. Does anyone know the procedure of being FE of another CAA EASA country member? I have Italian CAA FE authorization and I want to be FE for the Croatian CAA. (Answers by PM accepted).

S-Works
6th Jan 2012, 19:42
If the Croation CAA are a full JAA state then you apply to them on a case by case basis to be approved for conducting tests. I am a UK FE and am approved by a number of other countries, including Spain, Portugal, Italy, Czech, Poland, Germany to name but a few! I spend a lot of time doing skill tests in other countries.

If you are talking about being issued with an examiner authority directly by them then you have to apply and meet whatever standards they set which will generally include being based in that country with appropriate business connections.

Whopity
8th Jan 2012, 12:07
Come April 2012 it should be a bit easier however; I see the CAA has placed a charge of £630 in the latest scheme of charges to register a non UK EASA examiner/instructor to conduct tests or instruct in the UK.

BillieBob
8th Jan 2012, 16:05
Plus the cost of the 'briefing' which, I understand, is to be sub-contracted out to selected ATOs.