PDA

View Full Version : Paint a picture 2

PompeyPaul
24th Dec 2011, 22:38
A few years on from when I wrote it last time, but there's how I imagine everyone now. I think I have more of an idea having read more of your posts, but probably still way off:

BRL - Brill Cream wearing rockerbilly dude. Always in platform shoes and teddy boy coat. Drinks real ale and is a huge Elvis fan.

Genghis the engineer - Flying version of Genghis Khan. Arrives at flying club with severed head in one hand, nepalese ghurka knife in other. Always wears a helmet with horns on it.

bookworm - Is literally is a green worm that lives in a book. I think it's probably Jeremy Pratt's "Air Law"

Pilot DAR - Flying eskimo. Big beeming smile. Is often seen pulling fish from a small ice hole to feed his family underneath the wing of a cessna.

QDMQDMQDMQDM - Isn't actually a human being. The poster is actually a radar energy wave that bounces off things from the ether making a sort of "quuueeee deeeee emmmmmm" noise.

Mad Jock - Always shouts when he talks and is always very angry about something. Wears a tartan hat and has ginger hair. Often seen with Irn Bru & a wham bar.

peterh337 - Argues with himself in the morning, in the mirror, whilst brushing his teeth.

stickandrudderman - Will think nothing of working, and fixing, his aircraft whilst he is flying. Will literally pull the yoke out, mid flight, adjust it and put it back in whilst flying along.

IO540 - Is still "the gaffer" driving a mondeo which is covered in parking tickets. Here's actual footage of him from the 80s on his way to the airfield. The Gaffer ( Title Intro) - YouTube

Backpacker - still resident in the backpacker dorm in Amsterdam where everybody thinks he's a Dutch eccentric when he talks about going "flying". Drinks biertjes and lives on bitterballen met mosterd

PompeyPaul - Beleaguered pompey fan who still wonders why pompey seem to attract borderline criminal owners and wonder how long it can go on for.

Merry Christmas one and all!

BackPacker
24th Dec 2011, 22:46
And once again brilliant! Inaccurate, but brilliant!

I'll be packing my backpack tomorrow, BTW, for a five-day hike in the German Eifel. But first I've got to finish that bottle of wine before it goes bad.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Genghis the Engineer
24th Dec 2011, 23:00
Genghis the engineer - Flying version of Genghis Khan. Arrives at flying club with severed head in one hand, nepalese ghurka knife in other. Always wears a helmet with horns on it.

Mostly a Swiss Army Knife rather than a kukri these days, but not far off to be honest.

G :E

BRL
24th Dec 2011, 23:06
BRL - Brill Cream wearing rockerbilly dude. Always in platform shoes and teddy boy coat. Drinks real ale and is a huge Elvis fan.

Haha, you are mad! 40 something tattooed ex punk!! Biker. Pierced lip, eyebrow and tongue. Shaven head (because it won't grow too long these days!)

Sorry all you real ale heads out there but dare I say I like to drink Stella :) (which I am doing right now after a very long shift at work)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/pprunepic.jpg

stickandrudderman
24th Dec 2011, 23:28
stickandrudderman - Will think nothing of working, and fixing, his aircraft whilst he is flying. Will literally pull the yoke out, mid flight, adjust it and put it back in whilst flying along.

Have you secreted a camera in my aeroplane?:O

Pilot DAR
25th Dec 2011, 01:09
Yes, My smile beams when I'm out on the ice (though sometimes it's 'cause it's frozen that way!). Or, in this case 'cause my 7 year old daughter is taking the photo - hence the diminutive vantage point.

If I don't need to shelter my family, this toy is better than the Cessna - this does not care how deep the snow is!

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo252/PilotDAR/General%20pictures/fJimand6X6-1.jpg

Merry Christmas PPRuNer's!

Sir George Cayley
25th Dec 2011, 08:51
I'm a bit sad I wasn't included. Maybe I'm a stealth poster under the radar;)

Never mind, Merry Christmas bevry oddy.

SGC

stiknruda
25th Dec 2011, 16:36
SGC - mmmmn. Is not appearing worse than been subject to id theft? I'm pretty sure that the original '08 post referred to me, then some keen young thruster with 5 mins in a Spitfire usurps ones position.... I rarely post these days as don't want to be thought of as a "fighter-pilot" type!

Still have a beard, still drink ale but fix my aircraft only on the ground!

As can be seen here:

ymkiDnVPbTc

Merry Chrimbo