PDA

View Full Version : "Weapons Free" by Richard Boswell

Rusty Cessna
22nd Apr 2001, 21:44
Hi folks, I trust you are all well,

I am looking to get a copy of Mr Boswell's book and was wondering if there was a chance of getting a signed copy.

Does anyone know how to go about this, what It will cost me (£20??) and has anyone read the book, if so what did you think?

Thanks
Rusty

Speedbird252
23rd Apr 2001, 00:51
Hi Rusty, dont know much about the quality of the book, but Richard writes for Flyer magazine, is an ex military Helo Pilot and now is an ATPL for a major airline. Would be a reasonably good assumption that he knows what he is talking about......!

Ring Flyer on 01225 481440 and Im sure they will be able to help.

Regards. :-)

The Governor
24th Apr 2001, 03:30
Not bad but not enough flying. The training chapters are interesting but most of the book is a more how he feels about finding himself in a war and not about finding Iraqi boats and blowing them up. Maybe I'm too bloodthirsty but "Weapons Free" indicated a different read.

I did have the pleasure of flying with the Author during some research for a Flyer article and he is a very pleasant bloke (reason why I thought to read the book)....not very good on a manual throttle though. Maybe the Navy should add a little training with govs on manual???

Governor...

10W
1st May 2001, 19:56
RC,

Check your mail !!

------------------
10 West
UK ATC'er
[email protected]