PDA

View Full Version : German Charters - What's it like to fly for them?

LAVDUMP
7th Mar 2002, 20:03
On a recent trip I saw a slew of beautiful Condor, Hapag Lloyd and LTU 757s, A320s and 737-800s (with cool winglets).. .. .What is it like to fly for Condor, for example? It has a big fleet of advanced airplanes - 757s, 767s and A320s. Would you say that flying to resort destinations frequently is more "interesting" or "fun" than flying to the bigger, more congested European hubports?. .. .Yes, I know that flying night-flights at odd hours would not be fun - definitely a negative to fly out of Palma at 3AM... I am not interested in highlighting that fact too much here. I know that Condor pilots often trained with their Lufthansa counterparts early in their careers - my question to them: why did you choose Condor (if you had the choice) vs. Lufthansa or Cityline? Are you happy with your choice and why?. .. .Thanks for your perspectives. Not interested in starting a "scheduled" vs. "charter" debate here. Just wanted to hear from German pilots who get to fly these airplanes.... .. .Vielen Dank!