PDA

View Full Version : Ground School In Cambridgeshire?

Ds3
18th Nov 2011, 08:54
So I'm about 27 hours in to my PPL now and making good progress. I've completed all the excercises and solo circuit time and am about to move on to nav. I've passed my air law exam (had to before going solo), but that's the only one so far.

I've been intending just to study for the remaining exams myself, but I have a fairly high pressure job and work long hours so it's just not happening. I really need to get them done now so I think ground school is the way to go. I won't be able to do a whole week, but evenings / weekends and the odd day off during the week are all possible.

Can anyone therefore recommend a decent ground school based within sensible travelling distance of Cambridge that will be able to get me through my exams at a sensible costs, fitting in with my availability? Many thanks.

S-Works
18th Nov 2011, 09:52
Depending on your schedule matching mine I could help. I can also issue the exams. I am about 40 mins from Cambridge.

However your first call should be to get a PPL confuser.

Ds3
18th Nov 2011, 11:50
Thanks bose-x. Assuming you're in Northants you won't be too far away, I'm actually about 8 miles west of Cambridge so a bit closer.

Would you be so kind as to drop me a PM with some further details, i.e. location, schedule etc and a bit of background detail?

I don't have a confuser yet so will put that on the shopping list straight away!

4Screwaircrew
18th Nov 2011, 13:05
Try Steve Wilkes c/o Andrewsfield Aviation, he's not a long way from you and seems to get folk to understand the subjects as well as pass the exams.

Ds3
18th Nov 2011, 13:58
Thanks I had seen the Steve Wilkes website - his location is a little far, prob over an hour each way, so I'd prefer something a little closer if possible.

That said, I have already dropped them an email as it does mention they sometimes hold courses at the IWM Duxford which would be very convenient if they have any scheduled.

The Member
18th Nov 2011, 16:37
Ds3 I think my former Instructor may be the person to assist you. I have e mailed him to ask if he could help.
He lives near Huntingdon.:ok:

Ds3
18th Nov 2011, 16:46
Top man 'The Member', I'm between Huntingdon and Cambridge so that would potentially be ideal. Hopefully he'll get in touch in due course.

chasd
18th Nov 2011, 17:02
I'd be happy to help out. Please check out my website at L-A-S-T Flight Simulator Training - Home (http://www.lightaircraftsimtraining.co.uk/)
Contact details are there.

Ds3
19th Nov 2011, 18:02
Thanks all for the replies. Steve Wilkes kindly contacted me today but does not have any courses scheduled in Duxford and is a little far away otherwise.

pboyall - thanks for sending over the details, Stamford is a little far maybe and his ground school prices aren't the cheapest, but I'll keep him in mind and compare the pro / cons to other options.

Chasd, likewise thanks for the contact and I will give you call tomorrow if that's ok :)

Wessex Boy
23rd Nov 2011, 14:10
Try Conington, they often run ground school sessions

orionsbelt
24th Nov 2011, 03:58
Hi Ds3

Please see your Pms