PDA

View Full Version : BD 051 EDI-LHR 23rd Feb 2002-Priority Landing?

The_Banking_Scot
3rd Mar 2002, 17:21
Hi,. .. .I was on the above flight leaving EDI at 0635. Around halfway in the flight (during breakfast) a male passenger severa lrows in front of me had an apparent fainting spell and was put on oxygen but was able to walk to the front of the aircraft.. .into business class where there is more room.. .. .We did not have any delays on the approach to Heathrow and landed on the take off runway (27R as I could see several aircraft waiting to take of on this runway and a string of aircraft on approach to 27L). .. .Just for my curiosty, does any one know if we were given priority/expedited landing as we landed 30minutes ahead of schedule ( 0735 landed compared to 0805 scheduled). .We then disembarked through the rear doors and steps which were quickly brought to the aircraft while paramedics boarded through the front door and treated the passenger.. .The crew handled this very professionally and I have wriiten a letter of apprecaition to bmi British Midland.It is good to know we are in such capable hand while travelling.. .. .Regards. .The Banking Scot

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
4th Mar 2002, 11:53
If you landed on the departure runway after 7am you got priority.

The_Banking_Scot
4th Mar 2002, 23:44
Thank you for the reply , Heathrow Director.