PDA

View Full Version : EMB-170/190 vs CRJ 700/900

4runner
27th Oct 2011, 07:55
I'm looking for some feedback from any of ya'll that have experience on both a/c, i.e. typed and have flown both. My company is in the process of upgrading our 200's to newer and more capable equipment and I'd like to be able to give some advice from those of you with time on both. Our a/c operate in hot, high environment with limited technical resources away from base. We use the a/c as mainline with up to 1350 mile legs and have to tanker fuel quite a bit to due availability and price on our shorter routes. I know that the Embraer vs. CRJ performance numbers, what I'm looking for is customer service experience, dispatch reliability, experience on the line, quality of radar, ease of use and utilization. We are less than pleased with the 200's as most people are at this point and I am very disappointed with customer service from Bombardier. Please, I'm only looking for knowledgeable feedback and not speculation or rumor. Thanks in advance. I have also posted this on another forum in case you've seen it before.

URSUS
18th Jun 2012, 11:16
I am looking for takeoff/landing numbers for the above aircraft... Can anyone help?

thanks

Typhoon650
19th Jun 2012, 01:42
From what I saw working around the periphery of Virgin Australia's 170/190's including terminating flights, they seldom, if ever, needed anything but regular shutdown procedures from ground crew. I never saw one go unserviceable from the airport I worked at and only one was delayed due to a flap issue that was resolved.
I don't know what the pax think of them, but Virgin didn't think much of the 170, replacing it with ATR's.

Kenny
19th Jun 2012, 07:52
After 7 years and over 5000 hours on the CRJ200, the 2 biggest problems are the flap runners and the apu door actuator.

If you operate them in a cold WX environment where you need to deice, you'll find the apu will develop a high pitch whine if the deice crews inadvertantly spray fluid in the apu inlet. The whine is the bearings, which will eventually give out.

Pax prefer the EMB's but I found the CRJ to be an easy plane to operate and extremely forgiving for low experience crews.