PDA

View Full Version : Need to be in LAX

Sensible
20th Mar 2001, 02:00
I have found a three week space in my commitments to enable me to do some flight training in LAX. The problem is that I have tried to get a direct flight but have been advised by my usual agent that I have left it too late to get a flight out this Thursday/Friday/Saturday

Can anybody tell me how "Standby" works? failing that, any ideas for getting a flight out from LGW for three weeks? Time is of the essence!

LevelFive
20th Mar 2001, 08:02
Airlines take a given number of reservations for each flight. It has nothing to do with the number of seats on the aircraft. The “cap” or “limit” is based on the predicted number of no shows, people who book but don’t show up for the flight. Flights that are sold out often have empty seats. If you fly standby it means you may or may not get a seat. It just depends on how many no shows there are. The good news is standby tickets are cheaper. If the flight has been sold out for a long time there tend to be more no shows.

Shanwick Shanwick
20th Mar 2001, 14:55
Just looked on the company site to find that there is availability on our flights ex LHR on Thu, Fri and Sat.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/booknow/book_1.asp?from=booknow

or call reservations 01293 747 747

Time to change your agent I think!

------------------
hhhiiisssssccrrrraaaacckkkllesssshhhhhh

[This message has been edited by Shanwick Shanwick (edited 20 March 2001).]

Sensible
20th Mar 2001, 21:29
Thanks Shanwick Shanwick, flight duly booked. I don't suppose you could arrange for the flight to depart and arrive LGW instead of LHR could you?

Shanwick Shanwick
22nd Mar 2001, 13:48
If I could, I would.

Enjoy the flight!

------------------
hhhiiisssssccrrrraaaacckkkllesssshhhhhh