PDA

View Full Version : Shell Southern North Sea Contract 2012

Pages : [1] 2

hands_on123
22nd Oct 2011, 14:25
Currently with Bristow, up for renewal in July I hear.

Any bets/rumours on who will win it? Bristow, CHC, NHV, Dancopter, Bond, Heliholland??

Wizzard
22nd Oct 2011, 14:28
Yes, definitely one of those...

...if Bristow don't retain it:ok:

MyTarget
22nd Oct 2011, 15:09
Heliholland? :rolleyes:

Inverted81
22nd Oct 2011, 15:24
If HeliHolland get it, i'm screwed, i have trouble enough calling the single one that flys from Durham every now and then the correct callsign. Ends up "HollyHelland" ...... crews never sound impressed :ugh:

squib66
22nd Oct 2011, 16:11
The cheapest? Why else split it from the Northern North Sea?

MyTarget
22nd Oct 2011, 17:50
Well if its due in July then there must be a winner soon!

But if Bristow do loose it then what of their SAR in Den Helder.

SFIM
22nd Oct 2011, 17:52
Certainly not CHC

no offence torquestripe but you so do not know what you are talking about !

there is as least as much chance of CHC winning it as any others you mention:ugh:

Overthewater
22nd Oct 2011, 18:10
Rumour has it Shell will announce the award of the contract at the end of the year.

Rumour also has it that the decision of the award of the contract will be Shells' and theirs alone.

hands_on123
22nd Oct 2011, 20:06
I did hear that Shell won't renew it if M.I. is in charge of Bristow European!

lowfat
23rd Oct 2011, 10:04
Shouldn't the question be..............

" Who WANTS Shell?":\

rotor-rooter
23rd Oct 2011, 15:29
Considering that Heli Holland operate helicopters on behalf of Greenpeace, it might be hard to imagine they might ever be under serious consideration for a contract for any oil company? :eek:

swampqueen
23rd Oct 2011, 16:32
Which contract do you think is worth more?

heliminger
23rd Oct 2011, 16:37
If they are cheap they will get it. Whales or no whales.

Mark19Decker
23rd Oct 2011, 16:44
I did hear that Shell won't renew it if M.I. is in charge of Bristow European!

Maybe Shell could make that one of the conditions of the contract. ;) :ok:

TGRolando
23rd Oct 2011, 16:53
Does anybody know whether this is a renewal of an existing contract or the expansion of the current one?

The real Q is... New Jobs?

MyTarget
23rd Oct 2011, 17:45
Jobs...... I would wait for the outcome first to see who is succesfull and what country their AOC is because TUPE doesn't always apply.

bigglesbutler
23rd Oct 2011, 17:57
My target your talking cross purposes, this is about an oil and gas contract in the north sea nothing to do with SAR :ok:.

Si

MyTarget
23rd Oct 2011, 18:07
Yes i know its O&G, but Bristows who have this contract split between NL & UK also operate 2 S61's for NOGEPA (i think). So if they lost the contract, i asked in a earlier post what would happen to the SAR? Would they keep it going in Den Helder or is it part and parcel with this contract.

bigglesbutler
23rd Oct 2011, 18:10
AH I see what you mean, sorry.

Si

TGRolando
24th Oct 2011, 09:12
It's my limited understanding of TUPE that unless Bristow go under as a result of loosing the Shell contract, then TUPE does not apply. So if, for example, Bond or CHC won the contract, they would not be legally obliged to employ any of the Bristow pilots.

Is this how it works or am I missing something? If its not, then the pilots at Bristow have nothing to fear as they can just walk into another Norfolk based operation. That is assuming it's won by a Norfolk based operator...

Can anyone clarify / expand on this?

hands_on123
24th Oct 2011, 09:30
Transfer of undertakings (TUPE) - Acas (http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1655)

The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE) protects employees' terms and conditions of employment when a business is transferred from one owner to another. Employees of the previous owner when the business changes hands automatically become employees of the new employer on the same terms and conditions. It's as if their employment contracts had originally been made with the new employer. Their continuity of service and any other rights are all preserved. Both old and new employers are required to inform and consult employees affected directly or indirectly by the transfer.

TGRolando
24th Oct 2011, 10:29
Thanks, but that's the stuff I’ve read but still don't fully understand.

Employees of the previous owner when the business changes hands automatically become employees of the new employer on the same terms and conditions
It's my understanding that this means that the jobs at Bristow are not protected unless it's the business that changes hands and not just the contract.

Am I on the right line or still missing something?

hands_on123
24th Oct 2011, 10:34
When Bristow won the Conoco contract from chc last year, all the chc pilots were TUPE'd across.

TGRolando
24th Oct 2011, 11:02
That doesn't bode well for the creation of any new jobs on the SNS next year! :(

Wizzard
24th Oct 2011, 16:54
That doesn't bode well for the creation of any new jobs on the SNS next year!

No, but it does bode well for those pilots already employed.

Swings/roundabouts etc.

MyTarget
24th Oct 2011, 20:54
Surely this only matters if Bond or CHC are successful, if one of the foreign operators wins then no TUPE.

Deck Clear
24th Oct 2011, 21:10
When Bristow won the Conoco contract from chc last year, all the chc pilots were TUPE'd across.
No, only pilots on the type that Bristow's wanted...the S76 drivers. They didn't want the 365N pilots. TUPE can be a real mixed blessing if you don't fly the type that the new company want.

Tango123
27th Feb 2012, 14:35
Any news on this contract?

BR Tango123

EESDL
27th Feb 2012, 16:12
Lots of rumours - which one would you like?
The one that Shell have said they will not fly in any aircraft smaller than current?
The one that some bloke 'in the know' and has had it 'on good authority' said that it has gone to that other company with 3 initials.....

IT WILL GO TO THE CHEAPEST PROVIDER

which means the staff will be the lowest paid in the sector
spares back-up will be minimum
robbing Peter to pay Paul
cutting corners - but never jeopardising safety margins
ie lots of shuffling deck chairs around on the titanic

happy days - here we go again!

Epiphany
27th Feb 2012, 18:51
IT WILL GO TO THE CHEAPEST PROVIDER

Yes but look on the bright side - you can move closer to home ;)

EESDL
27th Feb 2012, 22:13
........only if I win the Lottery!:uhoh:

MyTarget
28th Feb 2012, 10:35
The one that some bloke 'in the know' and has had it 'on good authority' said that it has gone to that other company with 3 initials.....

Which one?;)

lowfat
29th Feb 2012, 10:43
NHV....... lol

MyTarget
29th Feb 2012, 11:25
why did you say LOL?

Epiphany
29th Feb 2012, 11:37
why did you say LOL?

Nice one. LOL :-)

Jet Ranger
29th Feb 2012, 12:15
Does first initial (maybe) C ?:E

High Speed gennie
29th Feb 2012, 14:59
Quote:

Well, that narrows it down to:

BHL
CHC
NHV
BOH
PHI
BAS
PDG, etc

LOL 👍

lowfat
29th Feb 2012, 16:07
NHV

It remind's me of watching International its a knockout and Eddy Waring saying" Here comes the Belgans " as a group in fancy dress stumble on to the scene falling over each other and carrying a Joker..... always makes me snigger. Just my view of course .

Epiphany
29th Feb 2012, 17:18
Grande Bretagne.........Nul point! :O

EESDL
29th Feb 2012, 21:11
High Speed gennie - my point exactly - always have to go through this rubbish prior to renewal time - it is a rumour network after all so maybe next time we can just put a link to previous posts on the matter?

MyTarget
1st Mar 2012, 10:46
It remind's me of watching International its a knockout and Eddy Waring saying" Here comes the Belgans " as a group in fancy dress stumble on to the scene falling over each other and carrying a Joker..... always makes me snigger. Just my view of course

Just your poor point of view then!:ugh:

lowfat
1st Mar 2012, 11:41
:ugh:"Poor" Or is it an "informed" point of view.

I leave it up to you to decided

It's a Knockout - and Here Come the Belgians! - YouTube

Lighten up My target... lol

Epiphany
1st Mar 2012, 12:57
My target is obviously a loyal employee who is too young to remember Jeux sans Frontieres. :)

EESDL
1st Mar 2012, 17:03
tried the link to youtube and all i got was:

"An error occurred, please try again later"

Quite apt I thought !!

S76Heavy
15th Mar 2012, 13:39
Still nothing? Not even good rumours?

RotorSwede
16th Mar 2012, 08:17
Rumor I've heard from several ppl is that Shell goes for a 1 year extension of the Bristow contract.

Just a rumor, nothing confirmed.

MyTarget
30th Mar 2012, 06:58
And the winner is.................................

Cuddles
30th Mar 2012, 13:55
The oil companies. Again.

helimutt
31st Mar 2012, 16:33
Caverton/Dancopter.:E

MyTarget
31st Mar 2012, 17:42
The vikings are coming!

Tango123
31st Mar 2012, 18:33
Is that confirmed, or just another rumour?

Epiphany
31st Mar 2012, 19:16
A confirmed rumour.

EESDL
31st Mar 2012, 20:08
Med venlig hilsen !

TeeS
31st Mar 2012, 23:37
Is that rumoured to be a confirmed rumour, just a hearsay confirmed rumour or is it a confirmed rumour?

TeeS :}

ec155mech
1st Apr 2012, 17:31
rumors are usually confirmed to be hearsay ;)

JulieAndrews
5th Apr 2012, 00:11
tune in - 16 th April

High Speed gennie
5th Apr 2012, 07:26
The Vikings can stay at home, building the Shell logo from Lego bricks....

The Belgians are coming, serving 'Vlaams frites' and mayonnaise on the outbound legs :ok:

EESDL
6th Apr 2012, 17:21
Not the Shell contract but close.......
'Wintershall' 5-year contract from Jan 2013 Den Helder awarded to NHV

MyTarget
6th Apr 2012, 19:48
Well the TWP contract which Wintershall was part of is obviously going to be no more and seperate tenders will come out in due course..............:D

SNI
7th Apr 2012, 11:49
Makes you wonder who does the audits for Wintershall.... Unbelievable :ugh:

ec155mech
7th Apr 2012, 11:52
Why is that SNI ? do you know something we dont ?

MyTarget
7th Apr 2012, 13:16
Makes you wonder who does the audits for Wintershall.... Unbelievable

Good first post well done you:rolleyes: :ugh:

SNI
7th Apr 2012, 13:19
Yes I probably do, but it wouldn't be wise for me to elaborate in details, if you catch my drift.... Let's just say I know what I'm talking about.

MyTarget
7th Apr 2012, 13:21
Really well so do i!

Anyway we are all entitled to our opinions.

SNI
7th Apr 2012, 13:41
The way you react tells me you must be very pro-NHV...? Am I right? One of the few, so you must be Belgian. That's cool, you're forgiven. Like you said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some are only just more valuable than others.

SNI
7th Apr 2012, 13:52
P.S. I didn't read in the users agreement that your first post isn't allowed to be critical. Did it pass your ethical code?

MyTarget
7th Apr 2012, 14:06
Ja ik werk voor NHV, en ik neem aan dat jij een ex werknemer bent van deze mooie club? Ik krijg de indruk dat het bedrijf waar je nu voor werkt een verlies heeft moeten incasseren, jammer!

SNI
7th Apr 2012, 16:54
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand a word of that... Running it through google translate though tells me you work for NHV. You might wanna be careful announcing that on pprune... People might not take you so seriously anymore. And no, I don't work for CHC like you tried to imply, but I can tell you I have lot more respect for these guys than any pilot from NHV.

Shell Management
7th Apr 2012, 17:05
Shell SNS - wait and see.

Incumbents should always avoid complacency and trying to rip off their customers. Clearly that is what Wintershall reacted to.

SunderlandMatt
7th Apr 2012, 17:13
Chaps,

Take it elsewhere. This is the 'Professional' Pilots' Rumour Network. It's not a slagging wall.

Your insight into a company's internal workings is indeed very interesting and may well prove to be useful for those of us who are weighing up our prospects in the Offshore sector. I'm positive however, that the reputable companies I'm sure you both work for, wouldn't be quite so keen to see a squabble going on in such a small community forum as this.

Tea anyone?

Epiphany
7th Apr 2012, 17:16
My Target. As you work for NHV could you please tell me how many times per year your 155 pilots attend simulator training and which simulator they use please? No ulterior motive here - just interested. Thank you.

Shell Management
7th Apr 2012, 17:20
And does your fleet meet the full Shell spec?

SNI
7th Apr 2012, 17:25
Well put. I agree. I apologize. Didn't want to start this childish discussion, but our Belgian friend didn't leave me any choice by reacting the way he did on a perfectly fine fact based comment. I understand though that that's not nice to hear when you work for them. But hey, the truth hurts some times, as this will sure go for the pilots that now face possible redundancy.

SNI
7th Apr 2012, 17:47
Epiphany. Good question! :ok: While you're at it, ask them what kind of MCC they apply, how their Part A, B, C, D looks like, how they interpreted WRR, what their roster is and what they pay their pilots...

Oh, and just for fun, ask him how they react to a pilot when he reports sick...

MyTarget?

SNI
7th Apr 2012, 18:05
Torquestripe. For short-term contracts the aircraft doesn't have to meet the full shell requirements. For example, Dancopter flies for them, but apparently they don't have crashworthy fuel tanks, which is a shell requirement. This is all hearsay from Bristow, so could be wrong here.

MyTarget
7th Apr 2012, 18:07
This is my last post before i sign out of PPrune, 155 crews go to the sim at Eurocopter in Marignane once a year..........................

If you want to know how much pilots earn then join the company except you SNI LoL....................:E

SNI
7th Apr 2012, 21:20
NHV crews DO NOT go to the sim in Marignane once a year. They rarely go if they go at all.

And if anyone is interested in joining NHV, please do apply and see what they have to offer... LOL! Before you sign for this amazing deal though, double check what's written in your contract, because you might be in for a surprise.

And then if you do go for it, you can expect NHV to be very accurate, precise and timely with their payment.:D:ok:

Epiphany
7th Apr 2012, 21:34
There are reasons why NHV win contracts SNI and those in the know in the offshore industry understand why. It doesn't seem to bother the oil companies though. NHV will continue to win contracts by bidding lower than anyone else and they will always find people to work for them. C'est la vie.

SFIM
7th Apr 2012, 21:51
The oil companies talk a good talk about safety and quality but their actions are all about cheapness unfortunately

lateldp
7th Apr 2012, 22:43
Good evening, yes, my first post, sweaty fingers!!

NHV crews DO NOT go to the sim in Marignane once a year.

Sorry mate, you are not good informed, they do go there, exactly once a year.

Didn't want to start this childish discussion.

Understandable, but you do enjoy to continue.

I have lot more respect for these guys than any pilot from NHV.

Dear SNI, I do not know you as you do not know me but after all your unfriendly sayings and half truths I might still be able to respect you(yes,I work for NHV).I don't know where you collided with NHV,don't have to know either, but I do not appreciate it when one generalizes. There are good one's and bad one's, everywhere, if it's CHC, Bristow, Dancopter, NHV,... We're all in the business to make the best out of it with the means we get.

chcoffshore
7th Apr 2012, 23:08
Bit strange SNI last time i was at the sim i bumped into a old friend of mine and he works for NHV!

So back to the original thread.........:ok:

EESDL
8th Apr 2012, 01:13
SNI - looks like you are one of those ill-informed tossers one reads about on PPrune - oh well, I guess you are in the right place - ie - where you can't do any harm!!
now then, if you want to talk about the N3 sim...............

kmax
8th Apr 2012, 06:53
people who are working for NHV are ex CHC,BOND,INAER,Belgian air force,HELI UNION,DUTCH ARMY,Schreiner,French navy,Belgian Navy,SN Brussels,Royal Air Force....

So indeed NHV is not so different from the others.

SNI
8th Apr 2012, 07:30
Boy, I stepped on a lot of toes... All NHV guys?

Well what do you know, they do go to the sim now? That's quite new, trust me. And exactly, why do you think these people are all ex CHC, Bristow, etc.

Look, just have a look at their pilot turnover rate and you'll know what I'm talking about.

And correct, they do keep winning contracts by being cheap. Question though, why do you think they are cheap?

Anyway, I'll stop posting now, before it gets out of hand. Anyone is entitled to their opinion. And by all means, join them if you doubt what I had to say. I personally would rather be unemployed then work for these slave drivers.

Cheers!

EESDL
8th Apr 2012, 14:54
T A X I !!!!!

Epiphany
8th Apr 2012, 15:04
Would that be to Norwich airport Sir?

HHE
8th Apr 2012, 18:02
SNI, you are entitled to an opinion. I can only say you are ill informed. Do you really think O&G companies work with companies that do not meet the required standards? I guess not. I gather you have loads of resentment against NHV, because you have worked there? Or is it something else?

In all kindess I would like to ask you for a little bit of respect and professional courtesy. It would suit you better.

In the mean time have a good one and happy Easter!

P

S76Heavy
8th Apr 2012, 18:13
Do you really think O&G companies work with companies that do not meet the required standards?
Anybody with a few years of experience on the North Sea, let alone other areas will know the true answer to this question.

As far as opinions are concerned, it is still a rumour network, so I would say they are valid.
It may just help someone to be more careful when reading and considering a contract offer from any operator, and that can only be a good thing.

We all hear a lot of rumours, up to us to decide what we believe and whether it will make any difference or not.

SNI
8th Apr 2012, 23:35
S76Heavy. :D Finally someone here with common sense! Amen!

HHE. One can't be ill informed when the information is first hand experience. And, really? Respect and professional courtesy? :bored:

Congratulations though on winning the contract P. NHV must be very pleased with you!

Have a good one and happy easter!

lateldp
9th Apr 2012, 10:12
SNI,
I guess you're with Bristow EHKD now!
Rumours are they might take a loss soon as well, CHC doesn't want you,neither does NHV.
Might get used using taxifare meter again:{

Good luck champ!

mazdadriver
9th Apr 2012, 10:17
To "Shell Management",

Are you, as you imply from both your login name and your comments, a Shell employee or even a manager with them?

If so, I politely suggest you either actually post facts, that can be supported by some provable evidence , or refrain from posting your vague hints and comments.

In my opinion, telling a group of pilots here that their Company "... should always avoid complacency and trying to rip off their customers. Clearly that is what Wintershall reacted to" is not helpful. It implies detailed knowledge of Wintershall's tender process which you should not or can not have. It also gives nothing to a group of hard working pilots that they can use - they have no control over the pricing of their Company's contract. I don't work for CHC buy they clearly fly a good number of hours, and do not appear to be looking for reasons to stay on the ground. If there is complacency within CHC, I do not think it is with the pilots, engineers or operational staff. Do you?

Ultimately, if you wish to be constructive and to operate in an assertive manner (as all managers should strive for:-)), you should make your issues known directly to the managers of the companies you are concerned about. If you do have issues with a particular group of pilots, please state state your case clearly and factually.

Epiphany
9th Apr 2012, 10:56
Mazdadriver.

You are clearly new here. SM's postings are designed to be provocative and elicit outraged replies such as your own. Don't feed the troll as the saying goes. If you ignore him he gets bored and goes away for a while or is sin binned. He always comes back though.

Anyone who has worked in the offshore helicopter industry for a while knows how oil companies operate and Shell are without doubt are as slippery as they come. I wouldn't trust a Shell manager as far as I could throw him - real or imposter.

EESDL
9th Apr 2012, 10:59
SNI - come back - your reasoned, intelligent, level-headed opinion is already missed!

Let us not forget that it's a free world and you are 'free' to say what you like - personally, I always try to say what I want as long as it does not besmirch (look that one up Cloggies!) fellow professionals blah blah and you must always be accountable for your words/actions.
To suppress an opinion is bullying - SNI, I value your opinion, if only to increase my awareness when dealing with certain O&G companies - which, let us be honest. are all of them (I think.............)

Remember, tolerate this and your children will be next!

Katamarino
9th Apr 2012, 11:20
"Shell Management" knows the name of a couple of our staff in Shell Aircraft, and uses these to try and pass himself off as having some kind of Shell connection. I'm 99% certain he has nothing to do with us; if he does, then standards in the aviation sector are much lower than those in engineering. I cannot, however, work out whether he is pro- or anti-Shell; he seems to waver around randomly between each point of view as time goes by.

212man
9th Apr 2012, 11:29
Kat - Sent you a PM.

SNI
9th Apr 2012, 13:04
Lateldp

I don't know who it is that you are implying that I am, since I am UK based and don't work for Bristow, Sherlock, :oh: , but what you're suggesting isn't a half bad idea! If I were to lose my job, driving a taxi is way better than working for NHV! Get to be your own boss and probably pays better as well! ;)

Thanks for the tip!

Peace out. :ok:

Harry Copter
10th Apr 2012, 01:48
If this is the reaction from the announcement, what's going to happen when they start flying?

*stir, stir*

HC

malabo
10th Apr 2012, 02:47
NHV will do just fine. Experienced management team, good equipment, good pilots and engineers. Better than CHC, Bristow, and Bond because they have good morale and whistle on their way to work. And they will keep winning OGP contracts because they meet all the standards and can underbid with lower costs. Their staffing per revenue hour (all staff, pilots, engineers, admin, etc) is about half of CHC.

Careful who you slag, TUPE won't save you.

Hompy
10th Apr 2012, 05:52
Has to be a nervous whistle!

rotorknight
10th Apr 2012, 06:10
Experienced management team, good equipment, good pilots and engineers. Better than C HC, Bristow, and Bond because they have good morale and whistle on their way to work.

Malabo I sincerely hope that the above mentioned team supplies you with a decent pension,loss of license and an ample amount of off days a year to spent with your family,to spent your hopefully decent salary.
If not,wake up mate,this is not a hobby but a job being done for the richest customers in the world.
Maybe NHV,Dancopter and the rest can do it for free,I am sure they will get all the contracts than,

Fly safe,
Rotorknight

Variable Load
10th Apr 2012, 18:51
Their staffing per revenue hour (all staff, pilots, engineers, admin, etc) is about half of CHC.

Am I the only one that thinks this isn't necessarily a good thing. To provide a safe and quality product does require a certain staffing level. A 50% differential sounds potentially dangerous! :eek:

Epiphany
10th Apr 2012, 19:16
I think you will find that Malabo was being ironic.

rotorknight
10th Apr 2012, 19:44
In that case I need a chill pill :}
If he was not being ironic I stick to my case,no actually I do anyhow ;)

Rigging Pin
10th Apr 2012, 20:01
Let's try and make my very first post On Topic in stead of slagging off NHV, DanCopter, Bristow, Bond, CHC etc. :ugh:

Shell contract; If rumours are true about DanCopter winning Shell, does anyone know if they have the capacity to start this contract by July?

Cheers,
RP

TransUp
10th Apr 2012, 21:29
Why do you ask ?

Tango123
10th Apr 2012, 21:46
Why do you?

Rigging Pin
11th Apr 2012, 07:07
As far as I know the 155's in Nigeria haven't been released. If you read the topic about news in west africa it mentions 2 139's have been delivered but not used commercial...
This is one of the reasons why I wonder if anybody else than the current contract holder (bristow) can start the contract from July onwards but who knows.....?

The contract is now flown with 3 - 4 aircraft? From norwich and den helder.
Would be interesting to see if this will remain the same and if aircraft type used will be 155.

SNI
11th Apr 2012, 08:02
If shell does decide to go for Dancopter's 155 (order and delivery 139 is up to a year now), Dancopter would still need time to mod the aircraft to Shell requirement with crashworthy
fuel tanks. If Shell doesn't require that from Dancopter then they are very hypocrite and measure with two standards.

My guess is they go for a one year extension with Bristow and than maybe go for Dancopter. This way Dancopter would have more time to setup two bases, arrange crew, mod the aircraft or even go for a 139.

I do say maybe, because it could well be that shell will just continue with Bristow, since this would be more logical, commercially and financially i.e. the shell contract also consist s of them operating out of Aberdeen, as far as I know.

Rigging Pin
11th Apr 2012, 08:18
Is it not currently DanCopter who is flying extra work for shell out of norwich?
Double standards have been a problem for ages... If the current supplier cant deliver, standards are all of a sudden not so important...

Anyway.. Will be interesting to see what the outcome will be. Not only the shell but also wintershall. The last one most likely to go to NHV... Bummer for the CHC guys but they will survive. If shell goes to DanCopter that will be the end for Bristow Den Helder?!

Nice variaty of aircraft colours though!

SunderlandMatt
11th Apr 2012, 09:18
TorqueStripe,

From the outside looking in, what are the "2 different 'philosophies'" between DanCopter and Bristow and why wouldn't they mix?

Clearly they are two companies of very different sizes and therefore the supporting staff numbers will vary but what's so significant that makes you think people wouldn't jump from one to another (big to small)?

I'm not after a bite BTW, or a whaa!

212man
11th Apr 2012, 09:33
Dancopter would still need time to mod the aircraft to Shell requirement with crash-worthy fuel tanks.

Are you sure the Dancopter machines don't have crashworthy tanks? They are all B1s which have self sealing bladders, I believe. It's true the SPDC owned B models in Nigeria don't, but they are not owned by Dancopter.

SNI
11th Apr 2012, 10:15
Pretty sure. Friend of mine flew both types of 155B1, one with and one without crash-worthy fuel tanks. Difference is about 41 kilos of fuel you can take less in the crash-worthy one. I do think it is standard on a 155B1, but apparently you can go for an extra safe option which makes them even more crash-worthy, so to say? :\

EESDL
11th Apr 2012, 10:23
SNI -
I guess 'pretty sure' does not confirm the same level of confidence as your bold statement re-iterating that a certain company's pilots do not go to the sim - which turned out to be incorrect.........
- you must be getting wiser!
;-)

SNI
11th Apr 2012, 10:24
It wasn't years, it was 1 year to be exact. And yes, that was a temporary add hoc contract if I am informed correctly.

SNI
11th Apr 2012, 10:35
EESDL.

Maybe, who knows! ;-)

Have you considered the fact though that they might have gone from none to once a year? Which is still half of what other companies do, but that would coincide nicely with ones comment here that they have half the cost per revenue hour compared to other companies. ;-)

MarkH1
11th Apr 2012, 14:57
@SNI

With some interest I am following your comments concerning the "Crash worthy" fuel tanks.

Working on EC155 for quite some time, I never heard anything on this "crash worthy" tanks.

So based on your comments, I have checked the SB/MODS/FLM and Type certificate and can not trace any reference to these tanks. I even checked out the original Bristow order for the EC155 that now operate for Shell, without any trace.

Could you please share more information concerning these tanks?

Regards,

Mark

SNI
11th Apr 2012, 16:09
Mmm, you could well be right. You might wanna contact Bristow about this, since they are pretty convinced about the subject, according to my friend.

Might be interesting to see what they have to say about this.

212man
11th Apr 2012, 16:20
SNI - can you respond to my earlier remarks about the tanks? Or do you have to ask your friend?

SNI
11th Apr 2012, 16:40
I did, scroll back.

Post-edit to MarkH1 and 212man: Like mazdadriver says below... He is the friend I was talking about! :O

Rigging Pin
11th Apr 2012, 17:01
B1 has sef sealing bladder tanks for sure. The aircraft operated by DanCopter out of Den Helder a while ago are also B1's.

At the moment I dont see the point in switching operators if the type of aircraft flown will still be the (underpowered) 155..... Or Bristow must have pissed off shell big time... Not unlikely i suppose :cool:

Epiphany
11th Apr 2012, 17:41
Have you ever considered the possibilty that Shell want the EC155 because it is far cheaper than the AW139 and because the PC2E requirements have changed there is no problem with using it now?

mazdadriver
11th Apr 2012, 19:39
Reassuring to read the evidence for the depth of technical knowledge held by some posters, today.

The EC155B1 complimentary flight manual, section 7.5, page 2, has two tables. 1.2.1 is for standard tanks; 1.2.2 is for crash-worthy tanks.

Crash-worthy tanks were one of several special options fitted to all Bristow B1s, at the request of Shell, that mostly added weight. In this case it also reduced fuel capacity by approx. 41kgs. Some options, but not all, were later fitted to some other operator's B1s (such as external liferaft release). However, Bristow's 155s are probably unique as a result.

Another option that Shell required was eventually dropped before delivery. EC designed a mod for crash-worthy floors, but they were cancelled to prevent an extended delivery delay, and also as the final design was going to be very heavy. I expect the risk assessment was that fitting them would lose a passenger on every flight, so requiring more flights, leading to an overall increased exposure to incidents happening...

EDIT: For anyone who doesn't believe that Bristow's 155B1s have these tanks installed, just ask a CHC refueller at EHKD what's the most fuel they've ever been able to get in one, compared with everyone else's fleets. So much for comments such as "Crash-worthy tanks are not installed on any 155 flying commercial as per today" - total BS!

Rigging Pin
11th Apr 2012, 20:27
@ Mazda Driver - I could try and talk myself out of this but let's just admit that nobody is ever old enough to learn:uhoh:

Shell Management
11th Apr 2012, 21:27
The crashworthy floor was not compatible with size of the team necessary to intervene in a blowout on a NUI.

The EC155 also has the advantage of a fenestron tail rotor.

S76Heavy
12th Apr 2012, 05:09
EC designed a mod for crash-worthy floors, but they were cancelled to prevent an extended delivery delay, and also as the final design was going to be very heavy.

So economics over principles again.
I don't mind a choice for economics but please be honest about it. I get so tired of listening to all the PC safety nonsense that is then quickly disregarded as soon as it starts hurting the bottom line.

I'd rather deal with a consistent rogue than a company that keeps changing their tune. At least with the known rogue I can take a calculated risk or decide to decline it.

Epiphany
12th Apr 2012, 09:41
Does tend to make one rather cynical I agree. Which is why when I read drivel like this:

Do you really think O&G companies work with companies that do not meet the required standards? I guess not.

I shake my head at the naivety of some in this industry.

Droopystop
13th Apr 2012, 16:59
The crashworthy floor was not compatible with size of the team necessary to intervene in a blowout on a NUI.

The EC155 also has the advantage of a fenestron tail rotor.

Is a fenestron an advantage?

HeliComparator
13th Apr 2012, 21:17
Is a fenestron an advantage?

Well its a little bit harder to walk into, and its more forgiving when bouncing backwards off the railings.

Swinging Rotor
14th Apr 2012, 07:12
I wonder if NHV´s aircraft will be equipped with FDM recoders. Anyone know ?

CHC Netherlands spent a lot of time and money putting this into their aircraft the last 2 years, because the "customers demanded it" ... so let´s see if money talks and bull**** walks

and what´s this about PC2 with exposure time coming back into the dutch sector, I´ve missed it completely, please tell me more

High Speed gennie
14th Apr 2012, 16:24
Tune in - 16 April

JulieAndrews, What do you know what we would like to know?

lowfat
15th Apr 2012, 08:06
Tune in tomorrow to find out....:)

Rigging Pin
15th Apr 2012, 08:53
Yeah tomorrow...... We'll see :rolleyes:

Camp Freddie
16th Apr 2012, 09:08
Ok it's the 16th, where is this announcement ?

EESDL
16th Apr 2012, 09:38
....wait fot it........................

Rigging Pin
16th Apr 2012, 09:42
Don't hold your breath....

If you choose to do so give me your adress and I'll call emergency services:)

Epiphany
16th Apr 2012, 09:45
PHI !!! I didn't even know that they were shortlisted! This will cause some upheavals. WOW!

whitus1
16th Apr 2012, 10:29
So who has Shell.......

SNI
16th Apr 2012, 11:39
Epiphany.

What are you sinking about? :confused:

I.e. Who is shortlisted and what will cause some upheavals?

mazdadriver
16th Apr 2012, 11:45
Epiphany was simply trying to "wind up" someone with the idea that PHI have been awarded the Shell contract.

Nice try!

High Speed gennie
16th Apr 2012, 12:39
Yo Julie,

Tuned in.... but a rerun of Eastenders is more exciting

JulieAndrews
16th Apr 2012, 13:52
blimey, you believed me?
enjoy re-runs, Mitchell bros did it!

High Speed gennie
16th Apr 2012, 15:04
Julie, of course I believed you.
It is a rumour network after all :8

And since you gave the plot away, what am I to do?

Check the PHI website I guess

EESDL
16th Apr 2012, 18:46
Julie?
Have you been relying on pillow 'torque' do get your information again?

griffothefog
16th Apr 2012, 19:28
Time to change the tampons girls??:{

Rigging Pin
18th Apr 2012, 17:29
Any anouncements expected by the end of this month maybe ? :cool:

Anyone in the know about the rumour that ALL the shell work in the north sea is out for tender?

RP

FlyingDutch2012
19th Apr 2012, 05:38
Yesterday i've received a message of the Dutch Airline Pilots Association that CHC Den Helder lost a major contract. The DALPA will now investigate the consequences for involved pilots.

S76Heavy
19th Apr 2012, 07:09
That would be the Wintershall contract; CHC don't fly for Shell.

Brassed Off
19th Apr 2012, 20:25
http://www.radswiki.net/main/images/2/2f/Tumbleweed.gif

Rigging Pin
29th Apr 2012, 07:48
Doesn't this contract finish the end of june?!

Not much time left for a new operator to hire/ train staff and set-up a base....:suspect:

RP

Epiphany
29th Apr 2012, 07:59
If any contractor doesn't already know that they have the contract then they don't have the contract. Everyone else will have to wait for the official announcement.

rewritable
29th Apr 2012, 09:05
Dancopter had a meeting with Norwich ATC...

lowfat
29th Apr 2012, 12:19
Shell is old news....... What about Tullow can the Belgians play their Joker and retain it?

Seymour Belvoir
29th Apr 2012, 22:19
I had a meeting with Norwich ATC last Tuesday; it doesn't mean I've landed the Shell contract.

Hompy
2nd May 2012, 14:48
So who has won this one? How many helicopters is it? Any News?

Geneva Conflict
2nd May 2012, 23:39
Finally things are clear, Dancopter wins Shell contract over Bristow! This means not only the NAM-North sea but Shell WORLDWIDE! All Bristow / Shell AOC's have been revoked as per januari 2012! Congratulations for all involved at Dancopter!!!

It is still not clear if Dancopter has the initiative on all other sites besides Den Helder but for sure engineer recruitments for NL and UK are set for monday the 7th of may .

Time has come for the big operators like Bristow and CHC to meet with the small but nasty threats like Dancopter, NHV and Heli Holland. Purely because of arrogance, management overkill and uncontrollable long supply chains their dominance is systematicly turning agains them. It's like allways that the small ones push out the big ones to eventually become to big themselves, ending up with the same fate. It's just nature!

CHC has indeed lost the Wintershall contract already and is therefore trying to relocate or possibly fire 15 pilots and started stopping all 1-year contracts for approx. 10 engineers to make their operation redundent again.

While Wintershall is not running smooth at the moment rumours go round that they are gonna combine flights with Total. This would mean that the lost contracted flights and ad-hoc flights will return to CHC. For the engineers that will only be too late, they find themselves applying for jobs outside Holland. They will most likely be smart enough not to return to CHC again untill they have finalized their transformations.

chcoffshore
3rd May 2012, 05:59
While Wintershall is not running smooth at the moment rumours go round that
they are gonna combine flights with Total. This would mean that the lost
contracted flights and ad-hoc flights will return to CHC. For the engineers that
will only be too late, they find themselves applying for jobs outside Holland.
They will most likely be smart enough not to return to CHC again untill they
have finalized their transformations.

Hello there, this part of your post i don't understand? CHC still has this contract at the moment until January 2013. Wintershall and Total have been combining or sharing flights for a long period of time already. So can you clarify what you are talking about?

thanks

S76Heavy
3rd May 2012, 07:07
That is quite a hit they are taking.

While I have little sympathy for the management, my heart goes out to a number of employees who have behaved professionally and with grace and now face an uncertain future.
I know it is the market and there is no long term security in this game, but it takes its toll on a personal level.

Well done to Dancopter, obviously an offer well played and having had dealings with them before I trust they will be as professional and pleasant to work alongside as they were then.

Target zero, indeed...

Rigging Pin
3rd May 2012, 07:23
It sure looks like Bristow is well on track to achieve Target Zero.

Well done by DanCopter. Will be interesting to see if DanCopter is also going to do the work in addition to the southern north sea or is there a seperate winner for those contracts?

Sanus
3rd May 2012, 09:01
There is now very little job security for offshore pilots and engineers. The nature of how oil company contracts are allocated has changed from one of reward and renewal for a contract well executed to one of bottom line savings, perceived or real.

Therefore, as with other short contract industries, salaries must rise significantly to compensate for the inevitable periods when no employment is available and pilots are working milk rounds just to keep a roof over their heads.

Like some airlines, will there come a time when the big players outsource employment contracts i.e. no direct employment?

EESDL
3rd May 2012, 09:04
anyone know of suitable crew digs, 2-weeks on/off, within easy reach/cycle of Norwich airport ;-)
Please PM a/r

SFIM
3rd May 2012, 09:19
Finally things are clear, Dancopter wins Shell contract over Bristow!

what is your source for this info, can you provide a link?

ATPMBA
3rd May 2012, 09:48
I looked last night and could not find any news stories backing up this claim.

Even the Dancopter website says, NOTHING.

industry insider
3rd May 2012, 11:52
I heard a whisper that Bondage was looking good for Central North Sea (wherever that is)

AS332L1
3rd May 2012, 20:29
What is Dancopter going to do with their 3 EC225's ??

chcoffshore
4th May 2012, 05:36
Use them on their new contract in DK.

Scotsheli
6th May 2012, 11:24
Hmmm...

"All Bristow / Shell AOC's have been revoked as per januari 2012! Congratulations for all involved at Dancopter!!!"

Are you sure? Bristow would appear to still be flying for Shell in a number of locations and will continue to do so for years to come in the UK at Scatsta.

"Time has come for the big operators like Bristow and CHC to meet with the small but nasty threats like Dancopter, NHV and Heli Holland. Purely because of arrogance, management overkill and uncontrollable long supply chains their dominance is systematicly turning agains them."

Its true that the big operators do have more complicated and costly businesses than Dancopter, NHV and the like. Guess why they got that way? In large part its because they have to contend with the extreme demands of doing large scale business with the likes of Shell, Bp etc.

Dancopter, if they have won, can now look forward to weekly "audits" in one form or another, insistence on standards, services and reports that they probably didn't even dream of when they won the bid and a client that will interpret every angle of the contract to hold DC's feet to the fire daily and want money back if they fail.

If they think its going to be easy - think again. Lets hope they can actually afford to have this contract!

Swinging Rotor
6th May 2012, 12:56
So what´s the story now ...

DC takes over the Den Helder operation, so much seems to be clear.

What about Norwich, Norway and Aberdeen, Australia and Alaska?

tistisnot
6th May 2012, 20:58
Where´s good old Shell Management when you want him??

Great stuff hey, invite everyone to bid for a global contract, one standard and all that, and then hey presto let´s split it up and award to lotsa standards! Don´t you just love ´em!

mazdadriver
6th May 2012, 22:36
We don't need SM's out-of-date and ignorant comments, anyway! I'm all for picking up on rumours, but make-believe comments designed only to wind up readers is behaviour that doesn't belong here amongst professionals.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's "NHV Management" in reality.

chcoffshore
7th May 2012, 05:08
Just to confirm the Shell SNS contract for Dancopter is Norwich and Den Helder.

Colibri49
7th May 2012, 07:28
I'm unreliably informed that the Shell work in CNS (Aberdeen) has gone to Bond. Best of British luck to them!

SNI
7th May 2012, 07:48
Congrats to the winner! (whoever that is)

It's a disgrace though the way Shell treats there operators and the people behind these operations. Less then 2 months before the contract ends and they only gave info because Bristow demanded it. At least with Wintershall they gave CHC 8 months time to sort out where to go from there. It's like 12 years ago with Schreiner in Den Helder. Oh yes Schreiner, you've won it! :ok: Oh wait, no, we signed with Bristow! :E

And like Scotsheli said.... Shell is like a rich diva, as soon as they come in they start demanding, making 1.6 Million GBP profit an hour (Shell makes nearly £1.6m profits every hour | Business | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/feb/03/shell-profits-nearly-one-point-six-million-an-hour)), but wanna pay next to nothing for all these demands. Safety this, safety that. Yeah sure, only when it suits them. Bunch of hypocrites...

After hardly making any profit on the last 5 years with Shell in the SNS, it's a good thing Bristow didn't give them any more. It seems Shell only want themselves to make a profit. Besides, the SNS is the first to go tits up in the not so distant future anyway. NNS has the future.

Once again, nobody is a winner here, except the oil companies.

Good luck though to Dancopter, or whoever wins it.

Shell = Hell

industry insider
7th May 2012, 07:52
So, what contracts does Bristow have left in the SNS? Anything left in Norwich?

ericferret
7th May 2012, 10:19
SNI
I remember what happened to Schreiner as well.
They were another small profitable company from the SNS point of view.
Very similar to Dancopter/NHV.
However they didn't have all those offices with titles on the doors they were lean and worked hard.

They were lead to believe that future contracts were at risk unless they addressed some of the "perceived" problem areas.

The quick fix was to buy KLM for their back office and doors with titles on!!!. They certainly didn't want those old 76B's and 61's. It was an expensive option but was considered worth the money to retain the contract and expand.

Then the Shell contract went to Bristow!!!! Ouch.

SASless
7th May 2012, 12:41
Is it Shell's fault.....or the Operators?

If the Helicopter Industry wasn't so cut throat....would it not be better for everyone?

The question is how do you get the Operators to work together and still be competitors?

OvertHawk
7th May 2012, 15:32
point of fact Eric - the Shell contract at the time was already with KLM-ERA when Schreiner bought them...

Upland Goose
7th May 2012, 18:26
They used to say "the Shell contract can be the kiss of death".

Demanding, unforgiving and merciless.

Nothing has changed it would seem. UG:bored:

ericferret
7th May 2012, 22:20
Overt Hawk

I believe the contract was in two parts at the time. Shell which as you point out was with KLM out of Norwich and the NAM contract which Schreiner held in Den Helder. The NAM was a Shell subsiduary. Bristows got both contracts. It was issues with the NAM that lead Schreiner to buy out KLM.
Happy to be corrected, but this is what I was told at the time. Memory being a variable medium!!!
I remember being in conversation with one of the KLM senior managers and commenting on why the 365,s were going and the 76's were staying. His reply "who would buy them?" .

Epiphany
8th May 2012, 03:53
I am told that Bristow were so unhappy with the performance of Shell on the SNS contract that they decided not to tender for the contract renewal and that in future Bristow will only work for oil companies that show them respect and regularly thank them for the marvellous work they do.

christianty11
8th May 2012, 09:24
Epiphany:

If this is the established truth, big respect for the bristow management!
should be standard for all other companies, but they are spending to much time to deepen the costs.

:D:D

OvertHawk
8th May 2012, 09:49
Eric - I think you're right. Not sure of what was happening on the Dutch side at that point - The merged company "Schreiner Northsea" operated for a few months in both Norwich and Den Helder before the contract was pulled in early spring 1998.

It was a bit of a reverse takeover as you described - the name was Schreiner but the ops and infrastructure seemed to move across to the KLM model, presumably as you say, to give the infrastructure that it was thought the Oil co's wanted.

Not happy times and i take no satisfaction from the fact that Bristow's crews now find themselves in the same situation.

OH

SNI
8th May 2012, 10:13
I think you'll find that Epiphany was being sarcastic. If so, he has no clue what he's talking about.

Fact of the matter is, that when Dancopter was in Den Helder for a year, they were already sure that they would nick the contract from Bristow. This unfortunately didn't happen, because Bristow beat them on KPI's, which was set up by Shell to see who performed better.

Bristow didn't keep Shell because of two reasons:

1. They didn't want to give into Shell and their ridiculous demands any more.

2. Some autonomous person high up in the chain of Shell has had a hard on for the Danes ever since they flew with them in Den Helder. Dancopter seemed to perform so well compared to Bristow... Better payloads, went when Bristow didn't, etc. They only failed to overlook the fact why Dancopter seemed to perform better, which was because Dancopter used unfair competition. Meaning, using destination minima as alternate minima, having half the final reserve fuel, not having the same crash-worthy fuel tanks (Shell requirement), thus lighter = more payload and also having a different interpretation on "flying in known icing conditions".

So back to school Epiphany! ;)

Epiphany
8th May 2012, 10:48
I wasn't being sarcastic. That is what I was told by Bristow Management. As you stated Bristow won the contract on KPI's so Dancopter obviously did not perform as well as Bristow. Bristow don't need Shell anyway, they will soon realise their grave mistake and come running back to Bristow with tail between legs begging forgiveness.

SNI
8th May 2012, 11:00
Oeps... I do apologize then! ;)

That would also explain why they have such a good social plan ready for their own. I heard they don't have to make anyone redundant! Go Bristow! :-)

Helo-Helo
8th May 2012, 11:20
Hi there, I'm a new fish on this good site. Im following the North Sea posts for a while now and have some questions, because I'm hoping one day to fly above the NS.

So what is the deal exactly ? Do Dancopter and NHV split the new contract ? And do they need to expand there fleet and need new personel on EHKD, or they just bringing in there own crew from Denmark/ Oostende ?

Tango123
8th May 2012, 13:39
1. They didn't want to give into Shell and their ridiculous demands any more.

Well, no point in going after a contract if there is no money in it, and the client is to hard to get along with....

Going to be really interesting to see if Dancopter can make it on time, since they are still in Nigeria with their 3 ec155s, and starting on the new contract for Maersk oil and gas in the Danish sector with 3 new ec225 the first of July. Guess they must need a lot of new pilots (even some from Bristow) in den Helder and Norwich.

EC 155
8th May 2012, 14:10
Maybe the Danes actually know how to operate a 155 and maybe they are doing it according to the rules?????
Crash-worthy tanks are not installed on any 155 flying commercial as per today. Those who claim they have their 155 fitted with such tanks, should have another look into their Flight Manual, that is if they know how and where to look:oh:
Why carry extra fuel if you don´t need it????;)

mazdadriver
8th May 2012, 15:13
EC 155,

I politely suggest you cannot be so familiar with the aircraft as your name suggests. I also suggest you follow your own advice regarding flight manuals, before making inaccurate statements. Please refer back to my earlier post; http://www.pprune.org/7129904-post128.html

SNI
8th May 2012, 15:35
Well, certainly the Dutch CAA didn't seem to agree with your point of view when they wissled Dancopter back for the way they operated.

I think you just confirmed my number 2 point champ. Indeed better read the FM.

Macaco Norte
8th May 2012, 22:00
Epiphany,
Are you really that naive to believe that Bristow didn't Even tender for the contract? If so ask the guys in Norwich/Den Helder what they have been hoping for for the past few months. Believe me, they definitely tendered for the contract!

Epiphany
9th May 2012, 05:14
Well I can only repeat what I heard from people in higher places then the crew room at Den Helder Macaco. Apparently Bristow and CHC will no longer consider tenders from the larger oil companies until they receive apologies for their outrageous behaviour. ;)

Perhaps a good opportunity for Bristow pilots to change uniforms and receive better treatment.

unstable load
9th May 2012, 19:57
Apparently all but one of the Dancopter 155's will be leaving Nigeria soon.

ironchefflay
9th May 2012, 21:17
Why carry extra fuel if you don´t need it????

I thought the old wisdom was you cant have too much fuel unless you are on fire?

Epiphany
10th May 2012, 04:48
Perhaps EC155 works for one of those operators who still have the quaint tradition of trying to keep the fare paying customer happy. It is always nice to carry extra fuel but sometimes it is just 'extra' and cancels out any flexibility.

If the crew calculate the IFR fuel required for the flight (which already contains extra for diversions, alternates and MAP etc) they pass weight X to the customer. Customer gives a manifest payload of Y which is 200kg below X. Crew decide to use that extra in fuel so refuel to new amount Z. Customer then decide they have a last minute addition of 2 extra pax. A/C now 200kg over MGW but they had originally told the customer that X was OK.

Some might tell the customer tough titty, others might attempt a defuel and miss the take-off time pissing off everyone. EC155 might just be able to say 'No problem', smile, do the flight safely and everyone is happy.

DauphinDude
10th May 2012, 06:11
Maybe I actually might have use for my experience whenever I return back to Europe...

mazdadriver
10th May 2012, 09:18
I'm thinking I must be in a different world to EC155 and Epiphany. In my '155' world, the payload is already more than can be carried with use of VFR weather and Coastal alleviation, but if I'm really lucky we come to an agreement on IFR days whereby we can just carry what we need after modifying the route three times and calculating everything to the kilo, but then finding the wind drops when offshore and due to PC2e restrictions it's time to re-plan yet again!

I think someone needs a reality transplant, but I'm not sure who:-)

On a day like the 9th May, a professional pilot would have been very happy to have a little extra fuel when offshore didn't bother to inform of fog at their end, and onshore forecasters failed to predict the same, with crews running rapidly out of options as a result...

Epiphany
10th May 2012, 10:12
I have the luxury of flying a modern helicopter so am not commenting specifically on the 155. If your job is so difficult maybe it is time for a change.

My point was that there are operators who compromise safety to satisfy the customer and the other end of the spectrum where operators resent the demands of the customer so become as inflexible as possible. I have seen both but also happily one or two who try to pursue the middle path.

Swinging Rotor
10th May 2012, 11:30
What´s the latest on Shell´s operations in Norway, is Dancopter taking that over ?

And what about the talk that NHV has no Puma L2 to offer Wintershall because CHC and Bristow sit on them all and offered them so expensive it really wasn´t an option for NHV any more. Are there offshore equipped L2´s out there not belonging to the 2 big dragons available ?

mazdadriver
10th May 2012, 12:18
Is the 155 that much older, or lower tech, than a 225? Again, one of us needs a reality check;)

Available power has nothing to do with design-age.

Epiphany
10th May 2012, 14:31
Well lets just say that the types I am familiar with often have excess available payload on the routes that I fly. If your margins are that narrow in the mazda then you have my respect. ;)

SNI
12th May 2012, 16:22
Ok, so back on topic...

Anyone knows if TUPE will apply? Especially Den Helder since they are only operating on one contract?

skastdk
14th May 2012, 02:55
More info on TUPE

Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_of_Undertakings_(Protection_of_Employment)_Regulati ons_2006)

mazdadriver
14th May 2012, 09:12
Although there is a European framework for TUPE regulations, it is a little different in each country, and I understand the applicability criteria can also change from year-to-year. The link above is too old to be accurate! It also does not appear to mention differences for each EU state.

Bravo73
14th May 2012, 09:58
Ok, so back on topic...

Anyone knows if TUPE will apply? Especially Den Helder since they are only operating on one contract?

FWIW, I was under the impression that TUPE applies when one company takes over/buys another company and 'inherits' a pre-existing contract. It doesn't apply if a new contract is awarded.

gasax
14th May 2012, 10:15
TUPE applies if the new contract / company utilises equipment and/or facilities from the previous contract. One of the early test cases was a privatisation of IIRC hospital cleaning. The new company used the existing buckets, mops and more capital intensive equipment and due to that TUPE applied.

mazdadriver
14th May 2012, 10:53
As a reminder of what I know to be a 'fact', and not a 'rumour', when Bristow was awarded the BP work in Humberside, previously held by CHC, the lawyers all agreed that it was a TUPE transfer. Those who didn't move elsewhere within CHC moved across to Bristow. I think both companies used different S76 variants.

It's a complex area in which to interpret the law, so probably a good money-spinner for the law profession.

Camp Freddie
14th May 2012, 12:21
In my experience when you think TUPE applies it doesn't, and when you think it doesn't apply it does !

212man
14th May 2012, 13:27
I might be wrong, but isn't TUPE an English law concept (albeit recognising an EU law)? So TUPE and Den Helder might be two mutually incompatible ideas.

mazdadriver
14th May 2012, 14:33
From some googling; "Wet Overgang van ondernemingen". Overgang van onderneming - Wikipedia (http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overgang_van_onderneming)

From a 2006 article: "The rules applicable to a transfer of undertaking follow from the EU Acquired Rights Directive 2001/23. This Directive is implemented in the Dutch Civil Code (Articles 7:662 etc)".

Helo-Helo
16th May 2012, 11:52
So will EHKD have more/less or equal helicopter movements in 2012-2013 ?

Tango123
19th May 2012, 23:58
So-so-so-so

Who will fly from 1. July in Den Helder and Norwich on the Shell contract?

Does Dancopter still have their 3 EC-155 in Nigeria? and if so then they cant be both places at the same time.

Any insider info will be appreciated :)

BR

rewritable
20th May 2012, 10:58
On a separate note, rumours abound of extortianate pay being paid by Dancopter. does anyone know what the true payscale is. I checked their website but it seems to be in the Danish currency and not sure it applies to Uk

Shell Management
21st May 2012, 21:09
If IIRC the contract Shell awarded to Bristow in 2005 was a 7 year contract with several 1 or 2 year extensions that can be automatically activated. This is arrangement is normal in the industry so that the incumbent has to keep operating until their successor is ready.

Even within those extensions we can decrease the number of aircraft with 90-120 days notice. This really does make it easy to shop around for a good deal.:)

These days the smaller operators are proving very competitive and far more willing to operate as directed by the customer's highly skilled advisors.

mazdadriver
21st May 2012, 21:36
Oh no, it's SM again! It looks as if the NHV (or wherever it is he works now) PR machine is going in to overdrive once more:D

SM, how is it you don't know the precise terms of the Shell-Bristow contract? I thought you know everything there is to know?!

JulieAndrews
22nd May 2012, 15:53
rewritable
Dancopter payscales/T&Cs appear to have been constructed from taking all the good bits from other operators' scales and leaving out bad bits (imho).
I'm sitting here comparing them alongside the Bristow scales and, even using 9.25 DKR/£, look very niiiiccccce - as Mr Borat would say.
I suppose they work in favour of UK-resident drivers as they are scaled taking into account DK social costs/tax etc.
So not quite clear who is 'extorting' from who.:=

SNI
24th May 2012, 13:25
I think the Shell/NAM contract flown out of Norwich is Shell and in GBP. The Den Helder part is NAM and in EUR.

I don't think Dancopter will be paying the UK pilots the EUR payscale, but a seperate GBP payscale, since the contract is in GBP as well I recon. Would otherwise be very expensive for Dancopter and not in line with the rest of UK benchmark.

Further, which one of the Bristow payscales are you comparing to Dancopter's? The UK one, the Dutch one or the Norwegian one? Quite a big difference in all of them.

I'm pretty sure that in Holland and Norway the Bristow basic payscale is still quite a bit higher then Dancopter's. Not sure about UK, but that only looks good now because of the low GBP. Besides that, Bristow is the highest paying operator in the UK.

SNI
31st May 2012, 18:56
Well, well, well....

Shell's already changing their minds by the looks of it.

Press and Journal - Article - Shell scraps helicopter deal over safety fears (http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2792008)

SHELL has abandoned plans to hand a major contract to Bond Offshore Helicopters after one of its aircraft ditched in the North Sea.
It is understood the oil giant had been on the verge of striking a multimillion-pound deal with the aviation firm to take over its UK flights.
But last night a spokeswoman for Shell said bosses did not have “sufficient assurances” of the safety of Bond’s operations – and had ruled it out of the tendering process.

Makes you wonder what that means for Australia because apparently that part also went to Bond...

Any news on Dancopter signing already with Shell, or is Shell also going to change their mind again on that one? As far as I know they officially haven't signed yet...

Clock is ticking for Shell by now... Only 30 days left to start.... Tik Tok Tik Tok :ugh:

Rigging Pin
31st May 2012, 19:06
DanCopter has signed the contract... at least that's what applicants get told if they ask :8

RP

SNI
31st May 2012, 20:27
Ok, finally things are clear then! Good for Dancopter.

Are those the applicants from whom the names are all published on a list and send around by email for everyone to read? :ugh::bored: Not very discrete if you ask me:=, especially for those who are still employed by their current employer :*. Is there some sort of strategy behind that? :confused: Oh well, good luck to everyone who's applying anyway! :ok:

Cheers!

JulieAndrews
31st May 2012, 20:43
SNI
is that the distribution list of other successful applicants so boys n girls can get in touch to sort out lifts/accomodation etc? Don't think list was sent to those that failed, or their HR departments but ready to be corrected!
Didn't see your name on the list.....

SNI
1st Jun 2012, 08:02
That's a list of 30 people that have to be tested in June. And if the list is intended like you say, how come so many of them on that list are pissed that their name is in the open?
Small effort to only just put the name in there of the other candidate you are doing the testing with.... Not?

Check your facts.

Sensitive for some healthy fact based criticism are we? Don't be on pprune then!

Epiphany
1st Jun 2012, 08:52
If you are about to lose your job what is the problem with people knowing that you applying for another one?

S76Heavy
1st Jun 2012, 16:28
But are they losing their jobs? Or is there still a chance of staying with the company?

Just spoke to a couple of BHL SNS guys and the company is not telling them anything about their immediate future.

People management never was a BHL strong point but with a month to go and no info for the affected staff at all, this is ridiculous even for their low standards. :yuk:

Bravo73
1st Jun 2012, 17:10
It would be strange to lose any pilots seeing as Bristow are currently recruiting elsewhere in the UK:

http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/353543-rotary-jobs-59.html#post7221448

BRISTOW Let your career take off Due to our success in winning new business, Bristow Helicopters Ltd is now recruiting a number of additional key personnel to support our growing customer portfolio. Pilot Vacancies We currently have a number of openings for qualified Pilots within our European Business Unit at Aberdeen, Scatsta and Humberside. To be included in this role, the candidate MUST possess UKCAA/JAA ATPLH or UKCAA/JAA CPLH with ATP theory and UKCAA/JAA IR(H) along with offshore experience. The ideal candidate would have 500 hours flying multi-engine helicopters or be a graduate from Bristow Academy. Candidates with Type rating on AS332L/332L2/EC225LP or S92A preferred, but conversion courses available if required. A competitive salary and benefits package are on offer for all positions. To apply please submit an online application together with a covering letter and CV by clicking Apply Now. Closing Date : Friday 8th June 2012

Shell Management
1st Jun 2012, 18:37
It is disappointing to hear that BALPA adopting an anti-European protectionist attitude.

lowfat
12th Jun 2012, 14:02
What do you expect to see at Norwich?

Hangar space is available in the white elephant they previously used when operating for shell, so is the passenger handling facilities. I wouldn't expect to see the helicopters until a few days before the button is pushed.

loadsa time yet.

EESDL
12th Jun 2012, 15:43
I suppose that's the beauty of the helicopter - one can drop in - almost like a 'helicopter' when current facilities are purpose-built for offshore passenger operations and mature helicopter routing procedures and ATC MOUs exist?
But like every other pilot - warm feeling will only exist when flying first departure for the field - or would that be the beef curry?

Banksman
12th Jun 2012, 15:52
Is rumour true as told yesterday in meeting in North Denes Dancopter had AOC turned down by CAA:confused:

JulieAndrews
12th Jun 2012, 15:53
SNI - if you've seen the list then are you going to be based in NWI or DHR? Agree that it would not have taken much effort - but just can't see that there is a problem as those on the list are leaving their current employer.......
if you've seen the list - or been told by the un-diplomatic distribution list, then the pilot who showed you obviously wanted you to know that they were leaving - hence my point.

Epiphany
12th Jun 2012, 19:33
Swap shop. The aircraft are not in Nigeria. The Vikings will be invading East Anglia very soon and all they need is a hangar and an office.

lowfat
13th Jun 2012, 10:34
And a sense of humour...... I wonder how long their new task masters will carry them?

lowfat
13th Jun 2012, 10:56
What is wrong with the Danish AOC?

NHV use a Belgian AOC out of Norwich. This IS EASA land .

Unless shell specify a UK AOC of course...

Can't imagine that for a moment....

Epiphany
13th Jun 2012, 23:32
And enough lined-checked pilots to satisfy Shell, and maintenance staff/parts/capability, and a spare aircraft (also to satisfy Shell), and the ability to do rotors-running refuels (not allowed at Norwich western apron), and ops staff/facilities, and ramp staff, and a AOC that satifies the CAA.

Not much then...

No - not much at all. Dancopter are not Bristow, and the 155's are still not in Nigeria Mr Doom and Gloom.

Scotsheli
14th Jun 2012, 02:08
Nothing, as long as the contract is completely held & controlled in Denmark and all of the maintenance is done there.

And the guy who thinks three weeks is enough time to set up a complete operation for Shell has obviously yet to recieve a call from their "change management" police! Good luck with that one.

Rigging Pin
14th Jun 2012, 09:34
And the guy who thinks three weeks is enough time to set up a complete operation for Shell has obviously yet to recieve a call from their "change management" police! Good luck with that one

What makes you think they only had 3 weeks?

And as Epiphany mentioned DC is not Bristow... DanCopter has the ability to respond quickly, unlike Bristow and the likes....

RP

212man
14th Jun 2012, 11:38
Nothing, as long as the contract is completely held & controlled in Denmark and all of the maintenance is done there.

Why would the maintenance need to be done there? There's no direct need for the Part-M/Part-145 organisation to even be related to the JAR OPS-3 operator - although many are combined. Lufthansa do base maintenance in the Philippines, so I'm sure Denmark to the UK should be acceptable:ok:

Jetboxer
14th Jun 2012, 22:32
18 days to go until the contract ends, Dancopter still yet to sign all the contract and they have nothing in place at Norwich, and the aircraft still in Nigeria. Shell yet to officially inform Bristow who has won the contract.

And enough lined-checked pilots to satisfy Shell, and maintenance staff/parts/capability, and a spare aircraft (also to satisfy Shell), and the ability to do rotors-running refuels (not allowed at Norwich western apron), and ops staff/facilities, and ramp staff, and a AOC that satifies the CAA.

Swapshop - All this negativity!

The job is the same as is it was 40 years ago - a helicopter transporting people to a platform as safely as possible.

Dancopter are fully capable of doing that with a good safety record.

Of course, there are more hoops to jump though nowadays, which benefit us all, but instead of looking at them as 'showstoppers', I'm sure Dancopter are looking at them as challenges, and are liaising with the client.

I wish Dancopter all the best. They seem to have a 'can do' attitude.

They have well trained crew and engineers who seem to be paid in line with the better paid operators in the industry, and most are on an equal time roster.

They're using a modern airframe and have a team who are willing to flex to better the company for whom they work. (Something I know doesn't happen with some of the established operators.)

They seem to have minimal corporate bulls@£t, and the accountants don't outnumber the 'coalface workers.'

So in short:

Well paid crew and engineers.
Good roster.
Flexible, positive staff.
Good safety record.
Modern Airframe.
Small overheads - The accountants don't outnumber the 'coal face' workers.

Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me.

Swapshop - time to take a close look at the company you are working for just now.

HeliComparator
14th Jun 2012, 23:24
I wish Dancopter all the best. They seem to have a 'can do' attitude.

Is that as in "can do" fly in weather others would decline?
Is that as in "can do" carry that extra pax even though we are bit over weight?
Is that as in "can do" depart in this aircraft even though there is some tech problem not covered by the MEL?

or what?

Scotsheli
15th Jun 2012, 01:46
...come the 1st July we will see wont we. I understand there may not be a plan B, so no pressure.

Epiphany
15th Jun 2012, 07:13
Helicomparator,

No. "Can do' as in working together as a team to get the job done efficiently and safely.

Bristow - at least EBU - has an excellent training organisation and very professional pilots and enginerrs but I am afraid that years of poor management, has led to an erosion of trust and the teamwork concept has disappeared to be replaced by an 'us and them' mentality. This also applies to the working relationship between pilots and engineers and affects an individuals attitude to the job and their willingness to be flexible.

Dabcopter are not perfect and I would imagine that the recent rapid growth has caused problems but they have an attitude that Bristow used to have many years ago and this is why the employees are flexible and are willing to help management get the job done. When you combine this attitude with an equally good training department, an emphasis on safety and good relationships and open communication between management, customers and passengers it works very well.

Losing large contracts to smaller operators cannot be pleasant and as someone who has possibly worked exclusively for Bristow it is natural for you to assume that the smaller operator is somehow inferior and therefore must be less professional - as is shown by the negative comments here from Bristow employees.

You are very wrong.

HeliComparator
15th Jun 2012, 07:33
Epiphany

We are used to losing contracts to smaller, younger, and hence cheaper operators in an industry where the only driver is price. Fortunately in NNS we have more work than we can shake a stick at, though it is still unclear to me where we stand in SNS.

However I get nervous when people talk about "can do attitude".

Whilst I agree with your comments on management, I think we have improved from the point of view of management being more customer focused and certainly the majority of pilots retain their professional pride and desire to do the job well. However we are continually reminded that management and customer consider safety to be paramount, as is compliance with increasingly complex operational rules. This can appear as a can't do attitude but that is the state of the industry as driven by the customer.

Epiphany
16th Jun 2012, 23:28
Uuuuuuum - Esbjerg.

Epiphany
17th Jun 2012, 22:17
Maybe you should look again. A far as I am aware there is a leased ERA 225 and a Dancopter 225 currently operating from Esbjerg with a second Dancopter 225 due shortly and another in a few months time.

A lead time of 2 years for delivery of an EC225 might seem a 'bit silly' to you but that is simply the way it is and does not make the bidding or contract start date any easier for operators.

AS332L1
17th Jun 2012, 22:54
There were 3 Dancopter EC225's fully painted and flying at Marignagne whilst I was there in early May the ERA machine is onlease for crew training etc. before the contract start date of July 1st

SNI
19th Jun 2012, 19:36
Well that's funny. I heard from someone on the inside close to Dancopter that they are not starting on the promised 1st of July and that Maersk is not pleased at all so far. In fact, apparently Dancopter has hired a CHC aircraft, from whom they won the contract, to cover the first two months of the contract, since they can't deliver. Also a rumour from that side has it that Maersk is not happy with 225 (something to do with cabin room?) and rather have 92.

Next to all this, the Dong contract is still not flown with their own capacity and is still being flown by ad hoc operators, in this case Belair.

So looking at this and with the very short time span they have left, will they also have such a lightening start with Shell?

They seem to be in way over their heads. So, does Dancopter only talk the talk or do they also walk the walk?

eivissa
19th Jun 2012, 19:49
Well, youve also said that NHV doesnt do any sim training at Helisim, right?

Guess what...Ive seen them training there just last week!

So much in regards of credibility and spreading negative rumours... :oh:

SNI
20th Jun 2012, 04:23
Read my posts more carefully please . I said they at least didn't used to go there . At least not when I was there. So if you havent't been there, don't talk to others about credibility . And for the rest read what ironcheffhey has to say about it.

You were saying about my credibility?

Ps. And like I said to many of your fellow critics, it is a rumour network! Negative or positive. How difficult is it to understand that concept? Or are we all here just to stuff feathers up each other's rears?

chcoffshore
20th Jun 2012, 06:54
Yes it is a rumour network but is there any need to be so aggressive SNI?:=
I take it your angry because you have to leave Den Helder but hey contracts are won and lost.:eek:

The American company's CHC & Bristow are getting a spanking at the moment and the smaller hungrier players are growing, its a cycle and it breaths fresh air into the industry. So good luck to Dancopter Belair NHV etc and i am sure they have jumped through all the hoops and ticked all the boxes or they wouldn't be playing with the large oil companies.

SNI
20th Jun 2012, 07:23
I apologize if I came across aggressive, but all I do is post rumours about the industry that I think are worth knowing for others. And when it's worth mentioning, it will even be about Bristow or CHC. That it so happens to be about the smaller operators this time is logical, since more things are going on there at this time.

It's others that react to me on a personal level when they feel offended. Might wanna speak to them as well, since they clearly haven't read the forum rules, i.e. suggesting that I am a certain individual time and time again. That's the real "not done", not me posting rumours from solid sources.

Scotsheli
24th Jun 2012, 23:09
Just checking your confidence levels - still ready to "react quickly" with 4 double crewed machines on 1st July?