PDA

View Full Version : Crew Meals Please.......Gearup...

Pointer
13th Jul 2001, 00:44
I'm seeking the help from colleagues on this; what do you get,when,why and how muchdoes it cost you?

The reason is; I work for this group that's not very big but has a few bases. In one base its normal that the crew get a crewmeal or on short legs atleast get something caterred (spelling please?) and on the other they get zip! i mean the last thing(some not very :p ripe fruit)was just removed from the menu! by a partime :mad: trollydollyboss. :mad: (No offence ;) , most appreciated cabin colleagues)

Your input please...

Enjoy your meals sirs...ah...madam sir!

Chalky
13th Jul 2001, 21:35
Generally speaking we get breakfast if we report before 05.15, lunch if we work over 13.00 and dinner if we work over 19.00. It's free, but then not many people would actually pay for our crew food!

fly4fud
13th Jul 2001, 22:56
Working for the biggest regional in Europe (well, geographically speaking!).
We only (well, lately company is more generous) get eatables when duty goes > 8 hours. Consists of hot meals, and sweeties.

Enjoy :D

Pointer
14th Jul 2001, 00:22
Thanks for the reply, it will help me make my case against our mis-Management.

The problem is more that we don't have a consistend deal. On one station you get it and on the other you don't.

sky9
14th Jul 2001, 18:03
Just get off the aircraft and go to the nearest cafe, take your time while you have a proper meal. The next day you will have crew meals supplied; whether they are worth eating is another matter ;)

Mooney
15th Jul 2001, 19:44
We dont get any food in Go. Did a 5 sector day from EDI. Breakfast in the Hotel at 0930. Then didn't get any thing to eat until arriving back at STN 2230 at night. Nearly died!!

Dont moan about crew food- if you get it- consider your self lucky!! :)

LimaNovember
15th Jul 2001, 20:57
Mooney,

the way you describe it, it is directly unsafe. I know that the Go-philosophy is that you stop by Tesco on your way to work. But since you obviously came from an overnite, the Tesco-catering was probably not to be found on your way to the aircraft. So what do you do? Instead of coming close to six-feet-under, you and your mates should have called Ops and told them to a) uplift some crewmeals, or b) delay one take-off until you have had something to eat.

I know that everything is cut to the bone in Go (No meals and no crew transportation when the sun is shining), but your story makes saving a joke.

Now that you have a union in Go, why not bring up issues like this. I`m sure BC eats during the day. If she does, she will understand.

Puritan
15th Jul 2001, 21:16
Almost hate to say it Mooney, but I now arrive at work and almost as soon as we board the aircraft there's a nice hot cup of tea being passed through the door. At the top of climb on the first sector a perfectly edible platter comes in, e.g. breakfast has a choice of English's, plus cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, with lunch and / or dinner usually a choice of hot food, plus bread rolls, biscuits, cheese, and desert, to say nothing of various other goodies dished out throughout the flight, e.g. chocolate bars, soft drinks, etc - now on sector two there's yet still more grub...... getting the idea ? ..... now just where did I put that Weight-Watchers number ?

Yep, it's with a sense of some nostalgia that I look back at that crap being sold from the Go vending machine (assuming Telesales haven't got there first of course), and / or leaking Tesco 'value' dinners, plus the clanking of my camping set of knife, fork, and spoon in the bottom of my flight bag.

Ps. I'll admit to having had a peak in the Go forum the other day where I noted that some wag had made a comment that all airlines are basically 'the same sh!t different day' - now don't you believe it old son ! Ah well, see you soon…… :D

Pointer
16th Jul 2001, 02:08
Well i ordered indeed some crew meals the other day at an outstation (now a few weeks back) an know for sure that management talked about it but haven't heard a thing yet. It is refreshing to know there are more under fead overworked colleags out there.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

411A
16th Jul 2001, 06:42
Worked for a cargo airline where the management said......supply your own grub and put in on the expense account (cost within reason of course). Subway sandwiches and pizza were the first choices, followed by fresh fruit. Microwave on board to keep things hot.
Everyone seemed pleased. No complaints.

TowerDog
16th Jul 2001, 08:23
They feed us First Class catering for breakfast, lunch and dinner if we have a long day.
Good food, but all I do is eat and gain weight.
Should start putting fresh fruit and nuts, etc in my flight bag....