PDA

View Full Version : COASTAL FLIGHT VIDEO (NORTHUMBERLAND)

chesterflyer
18th Oct 2011, 11:29
COASTAL FLIGHT (NORTHERN AVIATORS) - YouTube

Paris Dakar
19th Oct 2011, 18:52
chesterflyer,

If the North Sea was a few degrees warmer and our summers a few degrees hotter - folk would be crazy going abroad with beaches like that :)

It's a route I love flying, and a one we used to explore on two wheels as a youngster. My grandparents had a bungalow on the dunes at Cresswell, my father had a small powered off-road motorbike (back in the days when it wasn't frowned upon to ride a bike on the beach) and we used to see how far we could travel up the coast before inlets/outlets stopped us.

Nice video :ok:

chesterflyer
20th Oct 2011, 11:11
Paris Dakar,

Thanks for that. I had great hopes for global warming but even that does not look promising! We had a fly in this year at Druridge right next to the beach in the field just north of the country park. Lots of fun and we hope to do it next year with lots more aircraft. In reality the field is 800m long.

I suppose we dont know how lucky we are having such a beautiful coastline. Perhaps we take it for granted up in our part of the world!

Best Regards

fisbangwollop
20th Oct 2011, 15:58
Great piece of film of a lovely piece of unspoilt coastline.......good to see it from the air as I spend most of my day at "Scottish Information" talking to folk as they fly up and down that piece of airspace.....give me a call next time on 119.875. :-)

chesterflyer
20th Oct 2011, 19:27
Fisbangwallop,

Will do and I plan to do some more footage of this area and just ordered a new camera which I can mount on my helmet so no more flying with no hands!! :eek:

Tinribs
30th Oct 2011, 18:28
I have been visiting Northumbria since 1965 when training at Acklington

Honeymoon at Amble

Holidays ever since

Bought a house in North Sunderland for retirement

Where can I park a little one nearby, Prefer with Hangarage

chesterflyer
30th Oct 2011, 21:20
What do you fly??