PDA

View Full Version : 6th form subjects

Ian_Wannabe
13th Mar 2001, 23:53
Hey all!
I'm considering which subjects I will take in the 6th form at the moment. I was wondering if I was making the right choice for a job in the airlines......so here goes.

My choices are:

Geography
Physics (Is it VERY difficult?)
English Lang.
Design and Technology

PaulDeGearup
14th Mar 2001, 14:09
The subject choice is slightly less important than the grade you achieve. Physics is a good starter as you will need a reasonable science background to develop an understanding of basic aerodynamics. Additionally, it helps in the technical subjects, electrics and engine theory etc. English, well, we all had to that - useful down route if you fancy a night out at the theatre and there is something couth on, or for doing the crossword on long sectors. Also handy for posting on PPrune !

In general tho, get good grades, go to university and get a degree you can fall back on if the flying doesn't work out. Oh, and don't spend a penny until you have a medical certificate coz no Class 1 means no professional licence. Good Luck.

Lucifer
15th Mar 2001, 01:09
Do what you enjoy: it really doesn't matter for A-Level. Physics is not that bad really.

Teenyweeny ATC Cdt Cpl
16th Mar 2001, 22:32
Yo'll breeze through - I start Double Maths, Physics (apparently not at all painful) Chemistry and Latin AS Sept 2001.

AAARRRGHHH!
-tacc