PDA

View Full Version : Paper Work Enroute

ba195
13th Mar 2001, 21:30
i am just curious about the type of paperwork that pilots do enroute. I am only on simulators at home right now, but want to fly for an airline, operating 767/757's. I was just wondering....

Any answers?

thanks
Ben Alexander-Brown
Ba195

Herod
14th Mar 2001, 13:48
If you're a captain, the Times or Telegraph crossword. The F.O. is probably into either a performance car mag or "Loaded".

VH_KAM
14th Mar 2001, 17:42
G'day.

Standard paperwork we use is in the form of a deck log which basically has all the waypoints listed along with expected conditions (fuel flow, wind, planned FL, ground speed, safety heights etc etc). After passing each point the time overhead and total fuel is written down and compared to the planned time overhead and fuel. After a period of time one may see a trend when comparing the actual figures to flight planned figures which will help in decisions of how to maintain schedule / fuel over destination by varying cost index or altitudes along the way.

Apart from that, other paperwork is often up to the individual, and includes things such as jotting frequencies, callsigns and positions of traffic affecting altitudes around you, crew rest schedule, weathers, safety heights etc etc.

ba195
14th Mar 2001, 20:43
Thanks, This is what i usually do when I'm flying on 767 PIC. I check every other waypoint (every 2 waypoints) to see if the time, fuel and other details match. I use this to then determine if I will arrive late or early!

Thanks
Ben Alexander-Brown
http://www.whassupnet.co.uk