PDA

View Full Version : JAA to FAA

sowot
11th Jan 2002, 19:22
Please could anyone give me some info on converting my UK issued JAA Frozen ATPL/IR to
an FAA ATP/IR?

Cheers.

rightbank
18th Jan 2002, 23:27
I'm surprised that there hasn't been a single reply to this question, so perhaps I can widen the scope a little.

Has anyone any info on converting a fully issued (as opposed to frozen) ATPL?

DeltaT
19th Jan 2002, 01:09
I was told by the guy at Naples Florida that 20hrs dual was required. Though I am still looking into it

GoneWest
19th Jan 2002, 10:16
Sowot...what licence do you actually have??

I don't recall the UK issuing anything with FROZEN ATPL on it!!

What experience do you actually have?? Then we can answer the question.

RightBank...no training NEEDED. Do the written exam - take the flight test....which is a few instrument approaches.

DeltaT
19th Jan 2002, 13:17
GoneWest, Frozen ATPL means he has the ATPL subjects but not the ATPL licence yet, once the required hours are attained, it becomes unfrozen to a ATPL licence.

Tinstaafl
19th Jan 2002, 17:54
Fzn ATPL: Has a CPL issued & happens to have passed the ATPL exams.

Experience can range from the minimum necessary for the issue of the JAR CPL (150hrs?) up to whatever...

As for converting: In general you can only convert an equivalent licence you hold to the equivalent in the country eg PPL can be converted to a PPL, a CPL to a CPL, ATPL to an ATPL. You will still need to meet any FAA minimum experience requirements eg IF, x/country, night, total, PIC etc etc

A 'Frozen ATPL' isn't an ATPL and can't be converted. It might be possible if you have the FAA minimum experiences requirements for the issue of an FAA ATP but I'm not sure about this.

In which case why haven't you applied for the issue of your local ATPL?

[ 19 January 2002: Message edited by: Tinstaafl ]</p>