PDA

View Full Version : BBC Electricity Series

BBCengineeringseries
23rd Sep 2011, 11:10
Dear PPRuNe community,

My name is Balnek Sangra and I'm posting from Lion TV in London. We are currently making an exciting new engineering series for BBC2 where we look into the engineering and history of a variety of different engineering marvels.

One of our episodes is looking to focus on the Boeing 747 - we are very keen to talk to current and former pilots (and test pilots), flight staff, cabin crew and anybody else who has a connection to the Boeing 747.

If you fit the bill or know of anybody who would be interested, please feel free to drop me an e-mail at balnek.sangra [AT] liontv.co.uk.

Many thanks for your time.

EEngr
25th Sep 2011, 15:50
Your subject line says "Electricity Series". Are you looking for information specific to the 747 electrical systems?

I was there when it happened. I'm not certain if I'd want to relive that experience.:eek:

Dan Winterland
25th Sep 2011, 16:34
The 747s electrical system was almost identical to the VC10's. I went to the 747 from the VC10 and thought that all 4 engines aircraft were similar. However, it appears that this system is particualr to only those types.

EEngr
25th Sep 2011, 20:30
The 747s electrical system was almost identical to the VC10's.
"Was" being the operative term here. With the advent of the 400 series, the system was changed significantly. That's where the circus began.

BBCengineeringseries
26th Sep 2011, 12:03
Thank you for your responses - we are a broad engineering based show and the electrical side is also of interest - I've now changed the title of this thread, apologies for the confusion!

Please feel free to get in touch if you can help.

Best,
Balnek