PDA

View Full Version : Air Total fuel card?

Contacttower
22nd Sep 2011, 16:04
I've come across a number of fueling stations in France that can be 24hrs self service but only if you have one of these cards. Does anyone on here have one and if so how does one go about getting one? Have read on another forum that a French bank account is required.

patowalker
22nd Sep 2011, 17:09
Last time I checked, a French bank account was required for an Air Total card.

Carte air Total, Carburant avion, Achat carburant - Total (http://www.total.fr/carburants/les-carburants-aviation/carte-air-total/formulaire-carte.html)

A UK AirBP card can be used at these French airfields

Air BP - Self Serve - France (http://www.bp.com/extendedgenericarticle.do?categoryId=4503789&contentId=7058269)

Contacttower
25th Sep 2011, 08:01
Actually the AirBP one covers quite a few useful ones, might just get that instead...:ok:

stiknruda
25th Sep 2011, 08:34
The Air BP card is billed centrally - ie, all global fuel uplift transactions are sent to the UK for processing. Your card number relates to your account number (one a/c being able to hold many cards).

It used to be possible to negotiate with your account holder (a real person in Hemel H) to receive discount against PAP (posted airfield price) at certain airfields - this would then be reviewed at card renewal time and discounts could be modified against target.

The discounts were done at card level as they used to be fuel specific. So if you are serious about another bit of plastic in your wallet - it's probably worth a chat to the GA guys at HH.

Hope this helps,

Stik

IO540
25th Sep 2011, 21:41
I've had an AIR BP card for about 6-7 years but find that very few airports take it.

In recent years, about the only place which I recall taking it was Corfu (this week) and IIRC Prague (a while ago).

It seems that everybody now takes Visa - except the aforementioned French non-international airfields where TOTAL is required for the self service pumps if there is nobody around.