PDA

View Full Version : Rochester Instructor

flyer96
21st Sep 2011, 17:53
Hi all,

I am about to buy a Breezer aircraft to keep in Rochester and was wondering whether anyone knows of any instructors who might be able to teach me in the Breezer at Rochester. I currently have 2 hours towards my PPL and ideally would like to be able to fly mainly on Sundays.

Also, does anyone know of the minimum required instruments for a plane to be used for the PPL (e.g. VOR, DME, etc?).

Many thanks in advance,

Josh

ifitaintboeing
21st Sep 2011, 21:47
Does anyone know of the minimum required instruments for a plane to be used for the PPL (e.g. VOR, DME, etc?)

If you're planning on doing your PPL on your aircraft including the Skills Test at the end, see
Standards Doc 19 (A), Section 2.2 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Standards%20Documents_srg_fcl_19_A%20v6_.pdf)

RyanRs
23rd Sep 2011, 06:56
I dont know about training in that perticular aeroplane but for PPL training, i highly recommend Skytrek flying school in rochester aerodrome. I am currently doing my PPL with them, my instructor is brilliant, the fleet is very tidy and well looked after and all the exams and what not can be done in house. There is also no circuit/landing fees back at the airfield so long as your origional departure was from rochester!!

Peter Geldard
29th Sep 2011, 20:45
I would suggest that you make contact with Merrick Chrusciel, a mature, gentle and well-qualified QFI who has operated out of Rochester for many years.
He works independently at very reasonable rates and is often found in the café at Rochester between sessions. He is contactable on: 01732 365552 & 07889 235876

flyer96
30th Sep 2011, 19:13
@ifitaintboeing, thanks for your help, I now have all the information I need :ok:
@RyanRs, I'll check them out, thank you

@Father Peter Geldard, thank you very much, I will get in contact with him, this contact is extremely helpful, thanks again

Josh