PDA

View Full Version : professional pilot school in US

flower fly2012
14th Sep 2011, 19:38
Hey guys!
I m happy to join PPRuNe where i can find answers for my questions..m completely lost i need ur help as i never been pilot before and i nerver visit US..m cabin crew and my dream to be pilot,some the advice me to go for it and some told me to forget about it,but in the life there is challenge,and i like it..
could you plz advice me where to go in US??? which school i can trust by your experience???? as i need to finish in 6 months...which steps i need to follow without losing my money that i spend 10 years to save it for this purpose...
i rely on ur advice so plz give me ideas..http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

FI-Mark
16th Sep 2011, 21:46
Hi, I can recommend ormand beach, or I think they are called flyeasa now, brill school.:ok::ok:

I did my ppl and cpl there.

Regards,
Mark

frontlefthamster
16th Sep 2011, 22:10
flyeasa? If Stephen Fisher is on the staff there, I would advise a very diligent check (perhaps starting with a search here) before you commit your money.

Can anyone let us know if that is where he finds himself these days?

igarratt
17th Sep 2011, 11:40
why go to the US, the UK has many 6 week / intensive programs and I do many a full time students in the UK all year, link to a site on my profile has a fact sheet on it that will give you some of the things to look out for when going over seas worth a read regardless of where you train. Price wise they look better value but be sure you have included all the bits they don't tell you about

I know the weather can be pap in the uk but in winter we get lots of cold high pressure systems that create amazing flying weather, just remember to bring your gloves !:ok:

There is also a good book called 'Learning to fly in 21 days' by Phil Stone is his account of going to the USA, 100 pages of everything you can know and find out before you go ! amazon should have it.

If you have the availability then there are very few days where you will not fly at all in the UK, and the mass of ground school if you haven't done all your exams, as well as sim time will easily give you a full day and still have home work :) If you start your ATPL exams at the same time you will be well getting ahead of the game and the chances of having any free time with be zilch

oh and it's so so worth the hard work when your office is at FL360:ok:

Bethere
21st Sep 2011, 15:10
I though Mr Fisher was back in the UK :confused:

frontlefthamster
24th Sep 2011, 20:33
...is he? Can you tell us where? By PM if you prefer...

Thanks.

BroomstickPilot
25th Sep 2011, 07:33
Hi Flower fly2012,

This is the 'Private Flying' forum and as such is essentially for those who fly mainly for recreation.

Since you seem to want to be a commercial pilot, you would be much better advised to read, and post your questions, on the 'Wannabes' forum.

I suggest you read a lot of the wannabes' stuff first as I suspect it will answer many of your questions.

You don't mention whether you have taken any of the CPL or ATPL ground exams yet. In my experience, by far the hardest part of the route to becoming a commercial pilot is the ground school. There is no point in going to the States, or anywhere else for that matter, until you have passed all the ground exams for whichever licence you are working for.

Good luck,

BP.