PDA

View Full Version : NPPL SSEA Revalidation flight in Norfolk/Suffolk- any takers?

microlightgary
1st Sep 2011, 13:43
I'm due my NPPL SSEA check-flight late September. Although my cheapest option would be to find someone to sit in the back of my StarStreak Shadow, I just wondered if there's anyone who can revalidate my license in Norfolk/Suffolk who might take me up for an hour in something a little different; a cub or similar would be nice! :}
Looking to share costs rather than pay commercial rates if possible - a bit of a cheeky request I know, but if you don't ask...

I have 700+ hrs, was flying basic aero's until recently and have been signed off for taildraggers. SSEA conversion 2 years ago hence the need to revalidate.

Please send a PM if interested

Many thanks!

Gary T

Genghis the Engineer
1st Sep 2011, 13:52
I'm not local to you but know Shadows and would be happy to do it if you don't mind flying over to Booker or Cranfield.

G

microlightgary
4th Sep 2011, 13:45
Probably a bit further than I'd like to pop across but thanks very much for the offer :ok:

Fake Sealion
7th Sep 2011, 13:58
Hi Gary

If you are flying on a NPPL (SSEA) I'm not too clear what you mean by "check Flight" due late September. The ANO states that you need a flight of at least 1 hour with a FI qualified to instruct on SSEA's ANYTIME in the 24 month period of validity of your SEEA class rating. Plus of course the other PIC hours and T/O Landing requirements to revalidate by experience. ie Examiner signs you off for another 24 months

Do we assume you have not flown with a FI at all in the last 23 months? If your taildragger differences training was within 23 months then you don't need an additional FI flight. . . unless you personally feel it necessary