PDA

View Full Version : what kindof modules do cover in CPL?

purple haze
7th Aug 2001, 18:14
as my title states, what kind of modules do you cover in your cpl exams and on a scale of one to ten the level of difficulty?

i know its very difficult to do so, but im just asking for a rough estimate.

boxjockey99
8th Aug 2001, 06:42
The modules for the JAR ATPL exams are (rating of difficulty as I found them):

Gen Nav - (6)
Radio Nav - (5)
Met - (7)
Human Performance - (3)
Air Law - (9)
VFR Comms - (2)
IFR Comms - (2)
Performance - (8)
Mass and Balance - (4)
Principles of Flight - (6)
Instruments and ELectronics - (5)
Airframes and Systems - (6)
Ops Procedures - (5)
Flight Planning - (5)

on the whole the entire process causes problems purely due to the ammount of information you need to take in for 7 exams in one sitting. individually the exams aren't too bad despite the JAR cock ups recently it's just that you need to take so many at the same time that it causes problems.

HOpe this helps :D :D

low n' slow
10th Aug 2001, 12:20
Hi purple haze! I'm reading the JAR-FCL CPL course. It's a bit more basic than the ATPL stuff and it does not cover the IFR procedures or turbine theory. But still I have to agree with boxjockey99, it's not the difficulty, it's the sheer amount of it all.
I believe that we cover the following.
General Nav (5)
Radio Nav (5)
Met (6)
Air Law (7)
VFR Comms (1)
Flight Performance and Planning (7-8)
Principles of Flight (6)
Aircraft General Knowledge (6)
Operational Procedures (6)

Much of this I haven't done yet so my ratings might not be fair to the subjects. The books that I use (published by TFHS sweden) cover a full ATPL, but we only use specific sections. Therefor it is dificult for me to say how much the CPL actually covers. Somtimes it feels as though it would be better to do a full ATPL. However, I get this for free so I shalln't complain... :rolleyes:

But I you've got the chance to choose between a full ATPL and a CPL, go for the ATPL!!!
/lns