PDA

View Full Version : Air Contractors

Sir_Fly-a-Lot
16th Apr 2001, 17:10
I was told in DUB that Air Contractors are planning to take over one/some of Schreiner Airways A300's on wet or dry lease to facilitate their expansion. Apparently they've already been to AMS to check out the planes. Can anyone shed any light on this ?
Thanx, ;) ;) ;)

Topper
16th Apr 2001, 17:28
True, the plan is to have six on line by next year to replace the 727's. Talks of an extra 3-4 a/c for other contracts but not confirmed yet. 3 x A300's in USA have also been inspected with a view to purchasing. Interesting to see the outcome, an all A300 fleet (excluding the Safair Herc's)

neil armstrong
16th Apr 2001, 17:51
Rumours have it that ACL has won a contract to operate the A300 for Air Postal i don't know how many a/c are involved in this!
The other thing i did hear was that they don't think all the 727 will be gone by the end of next year they might just keep a couple and move them south .
EAT is problably doing the same by putting some 727 in Athens.

Neil
PS
is it true that the 727pay is being raised to the same level as the A300 on the next pay review?????????????????????????

tilii
16th Apr 2001, 22:51
This is very interesting indeed. Not very long ago, Air Contractors were interviewing and telling all applicants that it would be they who would be operating the ex-BA 757s. What happened, and why?

I know there are threads on R & N that speak about the new DHL ops at EMA, but I was under the (now obviously wrong) impression that Air Contractors were in on that deal in no small way.

Shame this, because I rate that company very highly. Certainly far higher than I would ever rate one under management by friend Trefor of Alidair, Birmex, and numerous other (failed) outfits.

MCP
17th Apr 2001, 01:29
I heard a rumour that ACL is taking over 3 Farnair A-300's 'cause Farnair lost the DHL contract...
Ahh rumours I just love them!!

neil armstrong
17th Apr 2001, 02:15
The Farnair a/c are old and worn i have been told , they did look at them but are not very interested.
Also Farnair still has the DHL contract as far as i know,but nobody knows for sure(i hope they keep it we work hard enough)
Neil

freightdoggy dog
17th Apr 2001, 22:46
The person to ask is "Dutchie" who works at
Schreiners! If you do get the areopostal contract, great flying and the catering is much better than a ham sarnie and a bottle of water.The more European A300's flying the better.BTW who let Trefor in charge of the sweet shop. Doh!