PDA

View Full Version : Piper Comanche 250 POH/Manuals

df1
25th Aug 2011, 09:17
Does anybody have a clue where I can get hold of Comanche 250 POH and similar material?

Cheers

Scott C
25th Aug 2011, 09:54
Are you planning on hiring from an Airfield? If so, they should have one.

Took me a while to digest it when I started flying the Comanche :uhoh:

Pilot DAR
25th Aug 2011, 10:41
Be careful what you ask for, you might get it! My flight test work with a Twin Comanche last year demonstrated that there is a POH, and an FAA approved Flight Manual, and they are separate documents, with the FM appearing very amateurish. It, however, is the authoritative document, with which to fly the aircraft.

Though I did not find data which conflicted between the two, I did demonstrate with flight test results that the POH was quite "optimistic" in the climb performance data offered. The FM did not offer comparable data, so in truth, there was really no FAA approved data for certain performance aspects, where you would expect to have it. The Piper marketing department of the time, perhaps had had an influence upon the data in the POH.

I have never flown the single Comanche, but I sure enjoyed the Twin C. In the Twin C., special attention seems to be necessary to keep the nosewheel light on the runway, consider that for the single too....

Have fun...

df1
25th Aug 2011, 13:14
Thanks guys,

Scott I did get a checklist but I will have to enquire with the owners about that, good point.

Pilot DAR, thanks for the heads up on that one and Ii'll bear it in mind.

Cheers.

Big Pistons Forever
25th Aug 2011, 19:03
The International Comanche Society, put together a series of "improved" POH's for the early models. The one I saw for a early Pa 24 was vastly better than the Piper manual