PDA

View Full Version : Your first 'PAYING' flying job?

window-seat
7th Aug 2001, 02:43
After obtaining your CPL/IR, (F)ATPL etc, etc, what was your first 'paying' professional flying job? :confused:

Mach Alt Star
8th Aug 2001, 12:25
Dodgy charters flying are UK and Europe for extra cash, gaining lots of experience and having a tremendous amount of fun.

There is always someone prepared for you to fly them somewhere, just make sure you earn the reputation of getting them there on time.
It goes without saying that you should remain safe and within the constraints of the law.

static
8th Aug 2001, 18:36
On my first paying job, I lost all my passengers during flight.

Luckily for them, they were all wearing parachutes....

Every now and then I wish I could still open the door and throw one or two out...

Eff Oh
9th Aug 2001, 22:17
Flying a British Midland Commuter SAAB SF340. :) Grrrrrrrrreat fun! :D
Eff Oh.

HugMonster
10th Aug 2001, 04:52
Flying a PA28 for 2 hours each morning and 2 hours each evening stooging around Essex @ 1500' looking at the traffic. In between doing whatever instructing was available.

JJflyer
10th Aug 2001, 08:29
Delivering airplanes of all types all over the world... Lot's of adrenalin and excitement. Sometimes I look back and think that I had to be mad :D But then I am happy that I did it and survived.

Capt EFIS
10th Aug 2001, 08:41
Flying C206 and C207's around Ayers Rock. Great fun, had the occasional charter and got to meet some great people.

Mind you - the Central Australia summer is something to experience. :eek:

429 CJ
11th Aug 2001, 14:28
My first paying flying job..... same as static :D . What is it actually like to land an a/c with pax still on board? :p