PDA

View Full Version : AIR SCANDIC INFO

PURPLE PITOT
15th Apr 2001, 16:02
Whats going on with air scandic, bases routes a/c etc

Silkman
15th Apr 2001, 21:43
Rumour has it a very dodgy outfit.Heard the other day that the planned 19 flights a week ex MAN is now down to 5 a week and that's if they last till the summer.Rumours they had their AOC suspended for poor safety equipment must have been unfounded as the aircraft flew on Saturday but I understand they had to sub charter flights today due to lack of equipment.The boss,'The Fat Controller' is a most unpleasant person to deal with.

PURPLE PITOT
15th Apr 2001, 22:46
Did a fire/smoke refresher course last week at MAN with 14 of their hosties. very pleasant.
Just wondered why i had never seen or heard any of their aircraft, but that probably explains it. Ta

don't they have a base at newcastle?

[This message has been edited by PURPLE PITOT (edited 15 April 2001).]

Silkman
16th Apr 2001, 03:05
They have two A300B4s with two man flight deck,callsign is 'Airscan' and are normally found at MAN.Believe there was a plan for a NCL base this summer using a Finnair 757 but i understand this has been put on hold.
They do the usual euro sun spots,TFS,AGP,PFO etc.Also using an Icelandair 757 which in turn was operating for Air 2000.

JJflyer
16th Apr 2001, 18:20
Hear that the AY B757 is still on for the summer as well as the IceAir airplane.

JJ

PURPLE PITOT
18th Apr 2001, 11:51
Anybody out there actually work for Scandic care to comment?