PDA

View Full Version : G-BBKY

EGCC4284
3rd Aug 2001, 03:02
Re: Cessna 150 Reg G-BBKY currently based at Barton Aerodrome.

I have a share in this plane which is now 26 years old. Please would anyone who has ever flown it, either for their PPL or hour building towards gaining a commercial licence, let me know what they are now flying and with which airline.

It will be interesting to know some history of the little white plane

Thanks.

Squealing Pig
4th Aug 2001, 01:39
KY is one of the better C150s at Barton first flew in it as a pax to Pilling Sands to Crosland Moor then back to Barton in March 96 before I even had a PPL.

No I never had a share in it but have logged 12:35 P1 time in it checking some of the group members as an instructor.

My first night flight (as a pax) in a light A/C was also in KY ask me next time you see me(I think you know who I am) how this night nav went, It's a story all on its own! they let him fly big jets now.

Are you flying it this weekend ?

It spins nicely too !

see you some time

Tarek Nor
4th Aug 2001, 17:54
This a/c was based in GLAmany moons ago with the West of Scotland Flying Club. There are a
few people who used to fly it at LOG & BRT.

:cool:

145qrh
4th Aug 2001, 18:38
That 150 was at Glasgow for a few years ,I did have a picture of it sitting in a field just of the end of the runways at Glasgow after an engine failure after take off. A friend of mine who was doing the trial lesson in it at the time flew over one set of power lines and under an other , no damage to either occupants or aircraft .
It was Boxing day 1985 or there abouts.

It went to Blackpool for a few years after that flight, can't remember which flying club. :D

EGCC4284
6th Aug 2001, 21:35
Thanks, Keep them coming.

Any more

[ 23 August 2001: Message edited by: EGCC4284 ]

GASH !
7th Aug 2001, 01:00
EGCC, I sold my share in Kilo Yankee only last week, are you the buyer by any chance ?
I gained my ppl at Blackpool then bought straight into KY when I passed. I`m sure at one point the infamous Comed aviation at Blackpool owned her, unfortunately I don`t know anything else about the history, only that I was the last one to fly her last year when the engine went :)

On a more practical note, you`ll find you`ve joined a superbly run group. I would never have sold my share but living in Edinburgh now, it was just too impractical.

I`ve currently 4 ATPL exams still to do before starting the CPL course and then the IR. If you are planning to gain your CPL then I`m sure Kilo Yankee will be a great hour builder for you.

There are plently of decent pilots in the group who no doubt will be willing to fly with you, I wish you well.

[ 06 August 2001: Message edited by: GASH ! ]

EGCC4284
7th Aug 2001, 09:57
Gash, Hope your new job is going well.

CAP509castaway
10th Aug 2001, 12:50
HiEGCC4284,
Should n't that be EGCB!
I recently flew KY on a charter to Denham!!!!!
Might see you at next meeting! :D :D :D

hedgehopper
20th Aug 2001, 14:10
Hi, I flew KY with the then "Channel Islands Aero Club" now Jersey Aero Club 1979/80
Good to hear that it's still flying.

Have Fun.

EGCC4284
30th Aug 2001, 00:59
Back to the top of th list

Pandora
30th Aug 2001, 13:28
I nearly bought a share in KY but couldn't resist the new paint job on G-BFWL at Barton. Flew 85hrs in 6 months and then went to BA. KY and WL both good groups. Not much between them except for the paint job.

Off topic but a funny a/c selling story - when I sold my WL share the buyer took it up for a test flight with another group member. About 10 mins into the flight the engine started to heave, cough and splutter. A Pan call was put out and that was the last I thought I would hear from the buyer. 2 weeks later he bought it after it was declared WL was getting a new engine.

Happy flying :D