PDA

View Full Version : MEP renewal/Hour with instructor

silverknapper
13th Aug 2011, 07:59
Hi

I will be renewing my MEP soon.

If this lasts an hour, does it count as an hour with an instructor for SEP renewal purposes also?

Thanks

SK

mrmum
13th Aug 2011, 08:42
Yes, LASORS F1.5 refers, also I think it only needs to be of one hour duration if it is actually the training flight, rather than substituting it with a MEP LPC/LST
This training flight may be replaced by any other aeroplane proficiency check or skill test for an instrument, class or type rating (as defined by JAR-FCL) with a JAA qualified Examiner, or by a flight test for the issue/revalidation or renewal of a UK IMC rating.

mrmum
13th Aug 2011, 08:52
A minor point, you use the term renewal in regard to your MEP and SEP class ratings. If you wish to use the "by experience" option for your SEP and replace the training flight with a MEP LPC or LST, then you are undertaking a revalidation not a renewal.
Re-validation
Re-validation is the administrative action taken within the validity period of a rating that allows the holder to continue to exercise the privileges of a rating for a further specified period (provided certain, specified requirements are met).
Renewal
Renewal is the administrative action taken after a rating has lapsed which renews the privileges of the rating for a further specified period (provided certain, specified requirements are met).

Whopity
13th Aug 2011, 12:27
If this lasts an hour, does it count as an hour with an instructor for SEP renewal purposes also?The duration is immaterial. The requirement for a 1 hour dual training with an instructor for SEP revalidation may be replaced with a Skill Test or Proficiency check for an aircraft Class or Type rating, provided it is completed within the last 12 months of validity of the SEP rating. It is an alternative method not a mix'n'match situation.

silverknapper
13th Aug 2011, 20:12
Many thanks folks much appreciated.

Apologies for my lack of clarity. It is indeed a re validation, both ratings are still current and active.

One last question. Can the CRE who signs off the MEP also sign the SEP if they are not an SEP examiner? I guess if not I'll have to find one.

Thanks again

S-Works
13th Aug 2011, 20:26
If examiner is a ME examiner then they will have SE.