PDA

View Full Version : Providing FTL info to FTO

SFIM
9th Aug 2011, 17:47
Hi there,

If you fly full time commercially in the UK for one company (AOC only) and instruct part time for another company (FTO), I know that the the full time company need all the info of the part time flying for their FTL scheme as the part time instruction is aerial work.

But if the part time company (FTO) ask for all the information of your full time commercial flying for FTL purpose do you need to provide this?

As I would have thought that although the FTO has an FTL scheme for the AOC flying that they do (which you are not involved with) you personally are not operating under an AOC / Ops manual at the FTO and therefore don't have to provide this?

Am I right ? Any help gratefully received, reason I ask is that I have been asked for this and it's a major hassle to dig all this info out and would really rather just tell them they don't need that info, assuming I am correct.

BillieBob
9th Aug 2011, 20:57
FTOs are required to have an FTL scheme of sorts under the terms of JAR-FCL although there is a fair amount of flexibility allowed at present. However, when the new EU Regulation takes effect next year, Approved Training Organisations will be required to run an FTL scheme in accordance with the OPS Regulation, just the same as an AOC.

Nevertheless, if an FTO is required by its approved FTL scheme to take account of your commercial flying then, if you want to work for them, you will have to provide the necessary details.