PDA

View Full Version : jump seat opportunities?

helimutt
28th Nov 2001, 12:37
Just wondering whether BA are still allowing jump seat flights or flight deck visits. I'm flying to Narita on BA 005 on Sunday and was wondering if it's worth asking when I get onboard. It would relieve some of the boredom. Anyone know?

Captain Airclues
28th Nov 2001, 14:11
Sorry helimutt, no chance now. The flight deck door is locked, with no visitors allowed. We miss it as much as you do. Talking to wannabes and enthusiasts was one of the pleasures of the job.

Airclues

paulo
28th Nov 2001, 18:12
Something I was wishfully curious about too. Sadly, I think we all know the answer.

What day did I pass my PPL-A GFT? The 10th of September.

helimutt
28th Nov 2001, 19:16
thanks for the reply.
Just have to sit back and enjoy?? the ride.
:D

Fred Elliot
28th Nov 2001, 22:06
As Capt. Airclues said, it's utterly out of the question in bmi, too. Can't see that relaxing in my life time. Sorry.

southdowns
29th Nov 2001, 17:51
A friend wrote to BA about this - they replied that they hoped to allow jump seat rides as soon as they could.

I know of another person who got a jump seat ride with one of the charter airlines post Sept 11 (cannot remember which) but it was on the condition that he had to stay up front for the whole flight - as you can imagine this was a hardship he was just going to have to bear.

A

martine
29th Nov 2001, 19:59
I understand the reasons of course, for not letting anyone ad-hoc visit the flight deck but...if I were to write in advance would they (BA) consider it? I'm a mere PPL and it's a real shame if visits are gone forever.

WOK
30th Nov 2001, 02:50
Sadly, for the foreseeable future the reply will be no, but write anyway - every time you travel.

When the commercial benefit of permitting jumpseat trips is perceived as greater than the benefit of imprisoned flight crew it will change (subject to no overriding legislation).