PDA

View Full Version : PPL flight school

kacpp
9th Aug 2011, 09:41
HI all,

Currently I am planning to get my PPL in U.S and after many searching, I've got few options:

Pheonix East Aviation, Sunrise Aviation
Hillboro Aviation
ADF Airways
CR Flight Training &
Califoria flight academy

Do you guys have any experience in it?
Actuall my main concern is money, and assistance to international student (I found Pheonix East Aviation and Hillboro Aviation's web site,they seem have quite a lot of international student as they have thoroughly mentioned this in the web site)

P.S. Accommodation is also my concern

billiboing
9th Aug 2011, 16:47
This is just my humble experience having flown with several of the aforesaid mentioned; Phoenix East is a very good operation. They also have a little flying school next door called Wings Over Daytona. The aircraft there are well maintained and the school is very professionally run. The Wings Over Daytona is part of them, but is really there for locals and is hence much cheaper, despite all being part of the same operation.

I have also visited Sunrise- as a licenced aircraft engineer I was not really that impressed- sorry guys!- Personally I would steer clear, but that is just a personal view.

Dont know about the others.

kacpp
10th Aug 2011, 03:53
Thank you very much,

It's really a valuable comment, I'll check it out the school that you suggested

XLC
11th Aug 2011, 00:33
check also Aviator College in Fort Pierce Flight Training - Flight School - Flight Training Programs - Aviator Flight Training College (http://www.aviator.edu/)

kacpp
11th Aug 2011, 07:56
Have u ever try the school?
How is the experience?

XLC
12th Aug 2011, 00:18
Yes and no. I was with European Flight Training (JAA!), they are sharing the facilities with Aviator - and helping each other. Two of my roommates were with Aviator and they were quite happy. Following my stay another Belgian pilot I know but with a FAA CPL eventually went to Aviator for his ME and CFI training as well - no complaints. BUT remember, nothing is perfect here and like everything and everybody there are pros and cons.
If anything I would say they weather in Florida is quite variable, so you have to pick the right time of the year.

Duchess_Driver
12th Aug 2011, 07:58
Have flown with CFA at El Cajon, San Diego several times - can't fault them.

Tidy aeroplanes, competent instructors, well run and a lovely place to spend a few weeks. Give them a call - they will sort everything (including accommodation)

California Aviation School, San Diego Flight Training, California Pilot School, San Diego Pilot Training (http://www.flycfa.com)

(I have no financial interest whatsoever)

HTH

DD