PDA

View Full Version : Low flying - legally

cumulusrider
5th Aug 2011, 21:04
Hi. I didnt film this myself but it is in the public domain. This is how you find out what adrenalin smells like!
‪Down at the Sea-side!‬‏ - YouTube

L'aviateur
5th Aug 2011, 22:04
Very impressive. Are they riding somekind of updraft from the offshore winds?

ShyTorque
5th Aug 2011, 23:16
Looks like they turned around at Seaton.

Second thoughts, looked more like Sidmouth itself

thing
5th Aug 2011, 23:51
Very impressive. Are they riding somekind of updraft from the offshore winds?

Ridge running, they would be onshore winds. You just sit in the upgoing air as it forces it's way over the cliff.

flybymike
5th Aug 2011, 23:55
Beautiful....

AdamFrisch
6th Aug 2011, 03:25
Wonderful!

B Fraser
6th Aug 2011, 06:34
I wonder if the people playing golf suddenly pondered the wisdom of paying large sums of cash to swing a stick to knock a ball into a plastic cup when they could be having fun instead :rolleyes:

tggzzz
6th Aug 2011, 07:37
Most films by balleka "my other plane's a 747" are worth watching ‪Balleka's Channel‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/Balleka) He also gives a brief description of the conditions. A longer article is in the current Sailplane & Gliding magazine.

thing
6th Aug 2011, 08:22
I wonder if the people playing golf suddenly pondered the wisdom of paying large sums of cash to swing a stick to knock a ball into a plastic cup when they could be having fun instead

As a golfer and glider jock I can assure you that golf has it's own rewards. Not many but it does have some. It's a lot like gliding, mostly pure frustration interspersed with moments of pure joy.....:)

bad bear
6th Aug 2011, 21:07
looks like serious fun, great video. Only one gallon of fuel was used making this film and gliders can be hired for @ £30 per hour.

bb