PDA

View Full Version : Yugoslavia (Serbia/Montenegro)

2FAST4U
6th Apr 2001, 16:24
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of pilots from yugoslavia and how licences are rated if itīs possible to get a job anywhere with a Yugoslav licence ?

Any info is welcome

Thanks

Flying_Steph
6th Apr 2001, 22:42
Yougoslav licences are ICAO. That's a pretty good start to find a job. After that, things get sometimes tricky for them with the JAA or FAA regulations. You can find Yougo expat pilots on almost every continent, but most of them are in Europe, Africa, or SE Asia.

These guys are as good as any other pilot in the world. They perfectly know the rules and how to deviate from them (but who doesn't ?). Some of them are very nice people, others are the worst bastards of the galaxy. There's nothing really special to being a Yougoslav pilot. Ordinary people, like you and me...

The only problem I have with the expats from Yougoslavia (and other ex-communist countries) is that they usually don't play fair on the job market. I know it's the jungle out there, but that's not a reason for having no respect for nothing anymore. They accept salaries and working conditions that are well below industry standards and therefore screw up all our efforts to keep those standards at least "decent".

Enough said...