TSRABECOMING
4th Aug 2011, 23:03
what function/computer control the AOB of the A320 and why
Single engine >>>AOB reduced to 15 degree
any ref in FCOM?

FLEXPWR
5th Aug 2011, 03:03
Hi,

I found it in the LPC Browser (the new Electronics FCOMs from Airbus), but the table of contents is written in a different way:

REF 22-20-60-50 (Auto Flight - Flight Management - Other Functions - Engine Out), it says:

"In the speed reference system (SRS) mode, the takeoff speed target is V2, or the current speed if it is higher but no more than V2 + ​15. The magenta triangle indicates V2 in all cases. The GO Around speed target is VAPP, or the current speed if higher, limited to VLS + ​15 kt.

The system limits autopilot (AP) and flight director (FD) bank angles during takeoff and approach phases as follows :

* ​15 ° when the aircraft speed is below the maneuvering speeds (F, S, or Green Dot speed) ​-10 kt

* Then linear increase to ​25 ° up to maneuvering speeds (F, S, or Green Dot speed) ​-3 kt

* ​25 ° above maneuvering speeds (F, S, or Green Dot speed) ​-3 kt.
Note:

The engine-out bank angle limits apply, when the FG part of the FMGS has detected an engine-out. It cannot be cleared by the crew through the MCDU E.O CLEAR prompt."

I haven't found the equivalent reference in FCOM, but will keep looking and post here again.

FLEXPWR
5th Aug 2011, 03:11
Actually found the FCOM reference too:

FCOM 4.04.30, OTHER FUNCTIONS, Engine Out, Flight Guidance part.

TSRABECOMING
6th Aug 2011, 06:49
Thank you. I did not realized that it will be in FCOM 4 :D

redfly
6th Apr 2014, 10:10
This thread opens a new question to me: Which bank limit do I have during an ordinary approach flying Vapp? I cannot find anything about that in our OMB, FCTM, etc...

Goldenrivett
6th Apr 2014, 10:35
DSC-22_30-40 Speed/Mach Control:
".... as long as the speed target is managed, the FMGS limits the aircraft to the maneuvering speed of the current slats/flaps configuration (VAPP, F, S, Green Dot)."
Which bank limit do I have during an ordinary approach flying Vapp?
You can use 30 degs bank with managed speeds.

vilas
6th Apr 2014, 12:56
Redfly
From an Airbus presentation quoted below:

Maneuvering capability

At V2, one engine out: Stabilized turn at 30°bank before alpha max
At V2 + 10, all engines operative: turn at 40°before alpha floor
At Green Dot: Stabilized turn at 45°bank before alpha prot

At Vls (final takeoff up to landing) : Stabilized turn 40°bank before alpha floor

tom775257
6th Apr 2014, 13:18
Which brings along a point it is worth remembering..

Flap 3 departure. You reach 2 eng accel alt.. You are now just past F speed, Flap 1 selected....Now well below S speed in config 1+F. Engine fails.

Two things worth remembering. If you select a heading to get away from a mountain, you will get max 15deg AOB. Secondly if you now select TOGA, you will get SRS!

vilas
6th Apr 2014, 16:38
But it will be GA SRS.

italia458
7th Apr 2014, 17:24
That 15 degree limitation most likely has to do with requirements for single engine takeoff obstacle clearance that limits bank to 15 degrees below 400'.