PDA

View Full Version : What bothers you when you're working?

OldAg84
10th Jul 2001, 18:49
Just curious to see what bothers professional pilots when the are flying. Bad weather, ATC challenges, whatever.

Editad phor speling

[ 10 July 2001: Message edited by: OldAg84 ]

seadog
10th Jul 2001, 20:08
When the girls are late with the coffee.............. :rolleyes:

411A
10th Jul 2001, 20:48
....when the F/O (his sector) starts to "compute" the descent point at TOC on a five hour sector.
When I ask them if they are planning for an Apollo moon landing, they get very defensive.
When I mention......"why not just close the taps at 110nm and point the nose down smartly", they get really bent out of shape.
Actually, quite good fun, come to think of it.

Luftwaffle
10th Jul 2001, 21:44
When it's perfectly good weather and I'm stuck on the ground because maintenance is waiting for my boss to fax them the paperwork that will allow them to start some minor maintenance that turns into a major item because a small part isn't available and they have to change out the whole system.

Ignition Override
11th Jul 2001, 09:30
For me the major concerns are 1) Weather and 2) an over-saturated US air traffic control system (the top people in the FAA are always political appointees). 3) Many medical problems, or the medications required to control them, could ground us at any time: many of these conditions might not seriously affect people in most other careers.

4) Fatigue or lack of adequate sleep can be added to any combination of the above factors.

5) My sympathy to the employees whose upper management spokesman states to the media that their future is in doubt without a merger, if you know which greedy s.o.b.s I'm referring to (is it true that USAirways has one billion US in cash?). Many pilots find a risky financial situation the most disturbing concern of all.

scanscanscan
13th Jul 2001, 17:53
The new practice of mid career psyco testing can concentrate your mind and detract from flight safety.
Fail it, and your career is over in a heart beat, regardless of your total hours, and long loyal service.
This is the new management tool to control the pilots.

SkyCruiser
13th Jul 2001, 23:26
A captain that never admits he is wrong.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IceViper
14th Jul 2001, 01:46
If She Has A Boyfriend :eek: