PDA

View Full Version : N-reg banned from RAF aerodromes?

IO540
28th Jul 2011, 13:54
here (http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-0ABDEFAC8D1BD8FADA12695898A16347/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/AIP/AD/EG_AD_1_1_en_2011-07-28.pdf)

Page 3:

12.4 Foreign aircraft are not normally permitted to use UK Government aerodromes. However, those aerodromes identified as Military
Emergency Diversion Aerodromes in GEN 3.6 may be used by foreign aircraft when the destination aerodrome, as indicated in the flight
plan, is unusable because of adverse conditions.

Curious... I managed to land at Coltishall before it shut.

Pace
28th Jul 2011, 14:46

Been using military aerodromes for donkeys years in both N reg twins and jets in the UK with no probs.
As long as you carry the required insurance but that applicable to all aircraft.
Unless this is a very recent change its a load of bunkum :ugh:
But anyway as they now seem to open monday to friday 9am to 4 or 5pm and closed holidays is it any loss?

Also reference to only using emergency diversion military aerodromes is vague.
It refers to your destination aerodrome being down with adverse weather conditions.
Does this mean you can put such emergency diversion aerodromes in your plan as alternatives or if their not military emergency aerodromes you must not land there but crash instead :E

Pace

maxred
28th Jul 2011, 15:17
Well I am going to one on Monday, faxed the insurance docs, and apparently will welcome me with open arms. Asked if I wanted to buy fuel:D

cessnapete
28th Jul 2011, 15:40
Recently been to RAF airport in N Reg, only requirement was Insurance as normal.

IO540
28th Jul 2011, 16:16
In that case I wonder why the CAA keep publishing this bollox.

There is a lot of other really arbitrary "advisory" bollox in that PDF. Can't believe the CAA has still got some old codgers sitting in there writing this stuff.

Sir George Cayley
28th Jul 2011, 16:31
How do know? They might be young codgers:)

SGC

Roffa
28th Jul 2011, 18:00
In that case I wonder why the CAA keep publishing this bollox.

Just to keep winding you up, apparently! :)

Whopity
28th Jul 2011, 18:21
Foreign aircraft are not normally permitted to use UK Government aerodromes.Funny, they are parked at EGVN virtually every day!

goldeneaglepilot
29th Jul 2011, 09:26
The reality is that provided your insurance is correct, you can pay the fees and you and your passengers do not pose a "security" risk then it's not normally a problem.

bookworm
29th Jul 2011, 12:23
Foreign aircraft are not normally permitted to use UK Government aerodromes.

Foreign aircraft seem to be critical to Northolt's business model!

http://server.microlite23.com/northolt.biz/jul11.htm

2high2fastagain
29th Jul 2011, 12:52
I rather hope that the CAA chaps have stopped promulgating a rule we had a few decades back to shoot at any D registered aircraft that came into an Raf circuit...

Jim59
29th Jul 2011, 14:08
I rather like the idea of no 'N' registered aircraft being permitted to use RAF Lakenheath and RAF Mildenhall. I suspect that the reality is that someone has got their facts wrong.

englishal
29th Jul 2011, 21:22
I flew into Yeovilton for the air day and we also have an MoD permit (I.e. Cleared by some flight command person blah blah ) to use Yeovilton and other military bases as and when Inc. out of hours. No problem. Sounds like bolliox.

Ps. The Dutch Apache was impressive (guess they were banned too.)