PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseat on Iberia, Spanair, Air Europa???

f10
9th Jul 2001, 07:10
While I know jumpseating on non-US airlines is either non-existant or very difficult to do, does anyone have information regarding these 3 Spannish airlines.

I am wondering if it is possible to jumpseat from BCN to the Balaeric Islands on one of these airlines. Anyone in the know about non-rev or jumpseat procedures please let me know.

Thanks.

sky unlimited
9th Jul 2001, 13:34
I know that Air Nostrum (Iberia Regional) is flying from BCN to the Baleares. Some of the aircrafts are operated by Dutch carrier Denim Air and some of the aircrafts are Spanish ones. Both dutch and spanish crews will take jumpseaters on their flight. Go to the gate and ask the attendant to verify the captain. ;) ;) ;)

wheelchock
9th Jul 2001, 13:42
Iberia will take jumpseaters.This is probably the friendliest airline i've flown with commercially.I used to jump seat twice a month with them.Never refused.Just show up in uniform with your company id at the ops room, and talk to the dispatcher, he'll introduce you to the crew.

Moronic
9th Jul 2001, 22:41
Pitched up in TFS about 3 months ago with My ID from a UK Airline wearing a shirt and Tie. Went in to Spanair spoke with Ops guy. He gave me all the details of the flight and an intro to the Capt.
Capt. could not be nicer - did not want a ticket or any bull****, he Just said go to the gate and your on ! Went to Gate with ID (no hastle)dispacher new all about it, left bag at A/c door jumped on and sat in flight deck Jumpseat. Arrived in Dublin after great flight on a MD83 fed and watered 4 hours later and bag on belt !!!!
Many thanks Spanair, where crew-crew spirit lives !!!!
ICAO ID: JKK

B767-300
10th Jul 2001, 01:08
You won't have a problem. You are just required to show your valid license and your company ID.
In Madrid Barajas you have to go first to the dispatch office where they'll either introduce you to the crew or give you a boarding card.
Spanair & Air Europa dispatch offices are located in the cargo area. Iberia is in the main terminal building, Arrivals close to gate number 4.
Have a nice trip!

f10
10th Jul 2001, 03:06
Thanks for the advice.

What is the dress code required. Can you wear business casual like we do in the US?

worpspeed
11th Jul 2001, 23:37
Looks like only the spanish airlines let
you jumpseat, the American way hhhmmm?

Does any body have some experience with
some other European Airline?

What does IFALPA or the other European Airlines Pilot unions do about it?

US ALPA should demand the jumpseat on every
overseas CODESHARE flight # !!

:eek:

Critical Mach#
11th Jul 2001, 23:50
It is not like the US.... is much better. We call it EXTRA CREW and is 100% at captain´s discretion. The company may overrule the EXTRA CREW figure but it will have to go thru a lot of trouble to explain why. It is regulated by the company´s SOP and approved by Spanish CAA.

No tickets, no red tape...no nothing. Doubt IFALPA or anybody else will ever do anything to extend this thru europe

f10:
Dress code... business casual or just casual will do.

Regds

CM

seupp
13th Jul 2001, 00:52
Anybody know about jumpseating (free ride) with other European carriers such as Scandinavian (SAS) from U.S-Europe, or vice versa.

seupp.