PDA

View Full Version : A320 Technical Information Please!

MaxAOB
7th Jul 2001, 19:38
Having at last secured a job I am starting my A320 type rating with a reputable airline soon. Can anyone recommend a good source of info for pre-training reading or shall I just wait until I get my manuals from the company? Thanks.
:) :cool: :rolleyes:

[ 15 July 2001: Message edited by: MaxAOB ]

SLT
7th Jul 2001, 20:49
Congratulations on your new job!!! I found the A320 course fairly straightforward, provided you put the work in - much like everything else really. I would suggest however, unless you can get an up to date copy of the VACBI course disk for it, then I would wait until your course. This is purely a personal opinion, but I think it is best to wait until you have an instructor there, and a comprehensive, up to date manual for reference to avoid confusion. I don't think you'd gain all that much from pre-course study anyway - the most important thing that I was told before the course was to go into it with an open mind. Forget all that you may have heard about it from people who don't fly it - and just enjoy it!!

Hope it goes well!!!! :)

Morse Code
10th Jul 2001, 02:00
Congratulations!!
The A320 is a beauty to fly, although i must say the manuals are written badly. They nevertheless have all the information in them.
Some words of advice.......Fly it like you fly any aeroplane and dont grab the joystick in the full of your hand, instead hold it very gently. This is a common mistake made by a lot of people who don't like the plane and it's handling.

Mister Proach
11th Jul 2001, 04:01
I agree with the others, just wait until the course.

The trouble with generic pre-course studying is that the information you read may not be relevant to thew procedures and modification state of the aircraft that your airline uses. It can lead to some incorrect assumptions that can become locked in your head. You'll habe enough on your plate with the course without having to unlearn someone elses ideas about the A320.

Its a fabulous aircraft to fly. Can I ask which reputable airline you will be flying for?