PDA

View Full Version : A level Subjects

g_conaty
17th Feb 2002, 18:12
Hi. .Just a quick question. I am picking my A level subjects at the minute and was wondering which subjects are required to becoe an airline pilot.. .I was debating whether or not to take A level Physics or Engineering.

Does anyone know which would be the best to take if i want to pursue an airline career when i leave college.

Your help would be much appreciated

Mattuk
17th Feb 2002, 18:18
I am currently doind my AS Levels. I am doing the subjects Business Studies, Chemistry, Physics and Geography. I hope this is a good mix!

Lucifer
17th Feb 2002, 22:23
Follow the advice in wannabes and do not do what you THINK airlines want (as they don't care) but do instead what you are GOOD at.

DVR6K
18th Feb 2002, 14:51
As Lucifer says, get decent grades in stuff you enjoy and you'll be fine. Then go to university! It might be 3 years off your flying career but you'll miss out on the best 3 years of your life and will regret not having a degree if your flying career doesn't (ahem) get off the ground...

PPRuNe Dispatcher
18th Feb 2002, 23:13
Flyer Boy - a gentle hint : You are asking a LOT of questions in multiple forums. I suggest you read a few issues of Flyer and Pilot, and then spend an hour or three going through the Wannabes forum before posting any more questions.

--Mik